I Spotted a new Worldhopper

Lord Mistborn Bondbreaker

Ok, so I was doing a reread of Mistborn (6th time) and I realized that when Dox was talking to Vin about his life on the plantation, he mentioned his old girlfriend, Kareien. So I don’t know for certain, but literally like all people from sel have aons incorporated into there name so what is the likelihood that some random skaa is going to name there daughter such a name.

not so sure , Scadril names (or at least TFE names )are are based on french , Karien sounds quite french to me so i wouldnt think it odd 
furthermore i doubt a worldhopper would gind himself in a possition of being a slave .

Coincidences happen and this is almost certainly one of them. There are only so many combinations you can come up with of twenty-six letters so you're going to see this sort of thing. Ati is the most obvious example and Brandon has confirmed that there's no connection there and the two aren't even pronounced the same across both worlds. There's also Renarin, the tana'kai, nuatoma... and outside of the Cosmere there's a major character in Reckoners whose name is identical to Aon Tia. Give me enough time and I could probably find more.

Good thinking but without something a little more obvious (like a character using odd expressions), this is too likely to be a coincidence to be a genuine worldhopper sighting.

• Chaos locked this topic