Favorite Side Characters

Kered

I was trying to find the old topic like this and couldn't find it. So instead I made this so I didn't have to necro. Plus, with OB out everyone probably has some new favorites(no OB spoilers). With that being said, which side characters are your favorite? For the sake of the topic, I think main characters as characters with the a lot of POV's in their respective stories. With the exception of some of the SA Interlude characters. 

Mine

• Kiin's children. Kaise is by far and away my favorite side character so far in the cosmere. All of her dialogue was awesomely and hilarious to read. I really hope to see more of her in the Elantris. My pipe dream is that she eventually becomes a worldhopper
  •  Lopen. Goes without saying. I know he's mostly there for comic relief, but he's still a great and unique character. 
  • Steris. I honestly don't understand why a lot of people don't like Steris. She knows she's different and she's found out a way to work with it. I think she's a great compliment to a character like Wax. 

4 hours ago, Kered said:

I was trying to find the old topic like this and couldn't find it. So instead I made this so I didn't have to necro. Plus, with OB out everyone probably has some new favorites(no OB spoilers). With that being said, which side characters are your favorite? For the sake of the topic, I think main characters as characters with the a lot of POV's in their respective stories. With the exception of some of the SA Interlude characters. 

Mine

• Kiin's children. Kaise is by far and away my favorite side character so far in the cosmere. All of her dialogue was awesomely and hilarious to read. I really hope to see more of her in the Elantris. My pipe dream is that she eventually becomes a worldhopper
  •  Lopen. Goes without saying. I know he's mostly there for comic relief, but he's still a great and unique character. 
  • Steris. I honestly don't understand why a lot of people don't like Steris. She knows she's different and she's found out a way to work with it. I think she's a great compliment to a character like Wax. 

I totally agree on all three points, especially Steris. I LOVE Steris. To make me go from rooting for Marasi to rooting for Steris? That takes character. And Brandon pulled it off. 

Mraize, for being mysterious, badass, and kind of likeable. 

Amaram, because he is a lot more complex than he gets credit for. I think he meant well, in the beginning, at least. 

Axies, for being unique, funny and feel-good. His POV was awesome to read, and I hope for more. 

Edited by Toaster Retribution

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Mraize, for being mysterious, badass, and kind of likeable. 

Amaram, because he is a lot more complex than he gets credit for. I think he meant well, in the beginning, at least. 

Axies, for being unique, funny and feel-good. His POV was awesome to read, and I hope for more. 

I didn't think of Axies, but I definitely agree. His interlude is one of my favorites. 

Not so much with Amaram. In my mind it just always seemed like he was putting on a front, the I read what Adolin thought of him and I couldn't shake it. But I can kinda sympathize with the things that were outside of his control and made things worse for him. 

I'd have to say mine is probably Steris - she really grows on you in BoM.

If Jasnah doesn't count as 'main' - which I think she doesn't yet, but will - she is also awesome. As is Pattern. (Guess who my favorite 'main' character is...)

I also really like Sigzil - if I were somehow transported to Roshar, I would probably be most like him. I hope we get to see more development from him and especially more testing in the next Stormlight book.

Queen Fen is another great character in Oathbringer.

Does Lift count? She doesn't get very many POVs, (Other than in Edgedancer,). If not then I really like Taravangian, I think he is really well developed and even though I think he's wrong by following the Diagram I can still see where he's coming from. 

I also really like Eshonai and Venli. Eshonai is just a really interesting character and Venli has a arc that has really drawn me in. 

All the main spren are really cool too, specifically Pattern. What'd be really amazing would be to get a POV chapter for one of the spren like Syl or Pattern.

• Chaos locked this topic