Kaladin Stormblessed vs Percy Jackson

Housedunn

27 minutes ago, i’m in the details said:

Without Achilles it’s a close fight. Weapons match somewhat evenly and stats are similar. But Percy with the ac should be immune to the shardblade and lashings in the same way another shardblade is. The investiture or magic strength of the River Styx is higher than that of one single radiant or blade. My best power example would be the fact that gods in pjo are in some ways as powerful or more than shards and he is half god

But he isn't half as powerful, or even close to that 

I've seen this matchup before. Physically, Percy Jackson stomps Kaladin into the ground like it is nothing. Unaided, he can jump 7 feet in the air and break bone with his bare hands. When buffed by water, he becomes immensely more powerful than that. Water also gives him a healing factor. 

That being said, Kaladin has a one-hit-KO-op-plz-nerf magic sword that will win him the fight with just one hit. 

Edited by Vissy

2 hours ago, Vissy said:

I've seen this matchup before. Physically, Percy Jackson stomps Kaladin into the ground like it is nothing. Unaided, he can jump 7 feet in the air and break bone with his bare hands. When buffed by water, he becomes immensely more powerful than that. Water also gives him a healing factor. 

That being said, Kaladin has a one-hit-KO-op-plz-nerf magic sword that will win him the fight with just one hit. 

When does he do a 7' vertical? 

3 minutes ago, Ookla that Watches said:

When does he do a 7' vertical? 

There's a link for that

My legs tensed. I couldn't jump sideways, so I leaped straight up, kicking off the creature's head, using it like a springboard, turning in midair and landing on its neck.

pg. 54

In Percy's second monster encounter and before any sort of training displays, he displays superhuman agility and leaping ability as he jumps up more than seven feet in the air (he describes the Minotaur as "seven feet tall, easy" pg. 50) and then does a flip off of the Minotaur's head onto its neck.

Edited by Vissy

Granted, that's plausible. His strength does seem to easily exceed Kaladin's, though, given that he broke the minotaur's horn, even if his jumping ability might not (not that jumping would be super-useful against a Windrunner). 

Edited by Vissy

15 hours ago, Vissy said:

Don't forget that Kaladin has Stormlight's basic buffs as well as Surges. Increased physical ability along with totally broken healing powers.

On 12/11/2017 at 3:09 PM, Ookla of Five said:

On 12/11/2017 at 4:25 PM, Ookla the Noble said:

But he isn't half as powerful, or even close to that 

Not my point. It’s that he is invested. Anyways I stand by that his bullet blocking speed and crazy super strength win out over any and all versions of our favorite wind runner 

There must be equalizers, right? So I have to assume that Percy is (heavily) Invested and that Riptide (made from celestial bronze) can block a Shardblade.

With that said, full strength Percy wins. He doesnt need to fight to kill to do so. Few things, Percy:

- Has cut bullets out of the air

- Has run up against hundreds of enemies and come out on top. This includes an immortal regenerative army of undead wraiths, a battalion of armed and armored demigods, and Hades own army of soldiers picked from across time.

- Can Bloodbend....seriously

- Can summon water, including calling up tsunamis (I'm sure there's water enough in the caverns of the plains)

- Is invunerable (!)

@Vissy Percy fought a 30ft tall giant and was able to hop and stab him in the chest if that makes you feel better

Edited by Nymeros

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 8:33 AM, Smokeform said:

But would Kaladin really fight him? I bet Kaladin would see him as a confused teenager, think of Tien, and invite him to join bridge four. Jokes aside Percy doesn’t actually fight that much and almost always augments his fighting with his strength from water or trickery and without that water he probably would not fight amazingly. Unless he actually had the Achilles heel. If we are equating an Achilles heel with shard plate, I don’t think it would be much different than when Kaladin killed the shardbearer, just with a different weakness. I’d say in the shattered plains without water Kaladin would demolish Percy in most situations except soldier versus Achilles heel where it would be 50-50. 

Would it be the coolest if Percy joined bridge 4!

In regards to age, Kaladin is 19 start of Wok, and 20 start of OB, in Roshar years, which are ~500 days long (and longer than Cosmere standard, according to Khriss in foreword to Edgedancer) 

Percy is 16 with the Mark of Achilles and 17 by the time he reaches the height of his power (by my judgement, which is House of Hades/Blood of Olympus)  

Have we taken into effect the Celestial Bronze? Is Kaladin part god/monster; ie can Riptide even touch him? Probably only when he is invested. He could just stand there uninvested. Either that or is the Nahel bond enough for it to count? 

And Stormlight boosts energy and heals while the Mark of Achilles drains energy. Kaladin could most likely wear Percy out and stab stab stab until he hits the small of his back. Water will heal Percy, but not forever, Stormlight however... 

anyway, I’m just rambling by now 

8 hours ago, Emily said:

In regards to age, Kaladin is 19 start of Wok, and 20 start of OB, in Roshar years, which are ~500 days long (and longer than Cosmere standard, according to Khriss in foreword to Edgedancer) 

Percy is 16 with the Mark of Achilles and 17 by the time he reaches the height of his power (by my judgement, which is House of Hades/Blood of Olympus)  

Have we taken into effect the Celestial Bronze? Is Kaladin part god/monster; ie can Riptide even touch him? Probably only when he is invested. He could just stand there uninvested. Either that or is the Nahel bond enough for it to count? 

And Stormlight boosts energy and heals while the Mark of Achilles drains energy. Kaladin could most likely wear Percy out and stab stab stab until he hits the small of his back. Water will heal Percy, but not forever, Stormlight however... 

anyway, I’m just rambling by now 

I forgot about the effect bronze has on humans! Now there's going to have to be a debate about if Kaladin can even be cut by Riptide.

3 hours ago, Aon Ati said:

I forgot about the effect bronze has on humans! Now there's going to have to be a debate about if Kaladin can even be cut by Riptide.

For the purposes of this fight I think Kaladim being able to be cut by riptide is something we have to assume.

• Chaos locked this topic