[OB] An offer by the Nightwatcher

DracostarA

When Dalinar visits her, the Nightwatcher offers him 

'A Blade that bleeds darkness and cannot be defeated. I can give it to you.'

Is she referring to Nightblood here? Or perhaps something similar to what was used to kill Jezrien? Maybe another awakened blade like Azure had in her possession?

I think the 'cannot be defeated' part lends well to Nightblood, but then does this imply it was hers to give at that point?

I thought that was Nightblood.   Awakened blades v2 (like Azure carries) don't seem to "bleed darkness".

But how would the Nightwatcher have Nightblood to give?  Was she able to pull strings such that it would fall into Dalinar's hands, or was it literally in her possession at that time?  In which case, did Zahel previously visit the Nightwatcher?

Edited by shawnhargreaves

I think she's absolutely referring to Nightblood, as he's the only sword we see leaking smoke, or dark stormlight. I also agree wtih @asterion137 that what Vivenna is carrying is the Mk. 2 version of Nightblood. I'm not sure if she did it on her own, or had help from Yesteel, but I'm pretty certain that Vasher would have no part of it. He seems scarred by his creation of Nightblood and I doubt he would create more under any circumstances.

Maybe that's what caused the falling out between Vivenna and Vasher: his unwillingness to teach her what he knew. Maybe she sought out Yesteel for further training in Awakening. We'll just have to wait for Warbreaker #2.

I have no idea why the Nightwatcher would have possession of Nightblood, or if she ever did. Maybe the offer was an offer to lead him to the sword and guide him in its capture, not actually offering what she had in hand.

11 minutes ago, Dryone_2 said:

What boon do you want? 

I've only Breath for two weeks left, and I want to use stormlight instead. 

Done. As your curse I take that talking sword of yours. 

felt came the the NW but she don't appears to him. "she don't like stranger" (felt is a worldhopper), i think she can refer at the dagger the fused gave moash to kill jezrien

When I read this part, i immediately thought of Nightblood aswell. And I think there some super interesting questions regarding the Nightwatcher's boom and curse game as I never considered before that she could give an item not crafted by herself.

Is it the same as in does the Nightwatcher simply take your item as the part of the trade? Does she have to ask for the item of the other person? Where would she even keep stuff like that? Unless there is a way to summon/dismiss Nightblood? Does she do a lot of other stuff other than give take things from people? Is that even her main focus?

• Chaos locked this topic