[OB] Interactions you look forward to in the next book

DracostarA

Based on some plot threads in Oathbringer, what interactions may have happened offscreen or will probably happen in the next book?

To get us started:

• Szeth and Dalinar - I feel like there needed to be a LOT of conversation before letting a guy who tried to kill you twice be your bodyguard i.e. explaining his status as Truthless, exposing Taravangian and the Death Rattles, how he came back from the dead.
  • Adolin/Kaladin and Vasher/Nightblood - Nightblood fits the description of the sword Azure was looking for, and obviously they were told to tell Zahel that she was looking for him, so hopefully that stimulates some interesting discussion.
  • Kaladin and Szeth - This is just an interaction I'm looking forward to for obvious reasons.
  • Szeth and the Shin - Assuming next book is Szeth's (since it was a toss up between him and Dalinar for Book 3) I'm looking forward to finding out about his exile in more detail and expect him to carry out his Fourth Ideal quest to bring justice to the Shin (also when does he get a highspren Shardblade?)

1 hour ago, Peacegiver said:

Lift and everyone. I think some Shallan/Lift interaction could be fun.

I was slightly disappointed in that lack of Shallan and Lift interactions. Ditto Syl and Pattern.

I don't know if Adolin determined that his Blade was from an Edgedancer. But it's quite possible that will happen. In which case, he might approach Lift to be her squire. That would be hilarious.

6 hours ago, kari-no-sugata said:

I don't know if Adolin determined that his Blade was from an Edgedancer. But it's quite possible that will happen. In which case, he might approach Lift to be her squire. That would be hilarious.

That would be awesome. :) It was so fun to see her thoughts and point of view and how she interacted in Edgedancer and I felt like we got a much more zoomed out view of her in Oathbringer, except with Dalinar and Szeth. Seeing interactions with more everyday stuff like in Edgedancer would be fun. I understand why there wasn't more (with everything that happened in the book, wow), but hopefully we'll see more in the next book. (Just three more years . . .) 

The Heralds. They have so, so, so very much explaining to do to everyone about pretty much everything. If the Vorin church had a conniption dealing with Dalinar, how the heck are they going to reconcile the truth about the Heralds? I can't imagine the amount of brain break when they find out that Jezrien was a drunk begger in Kholinar for the last however many years.

Despite their clear limitations (they couldn't find a solution to the fundamental problem, after all) the Heralds represent a staggeringly important resource about both history and just how things work. No more trying to reinvent the wheel with the KR, the surges, or Odium and his forces.

Definitely the Heralds - but Ash/Taln more than everyone; I really loved the glimpses we got of them as people, not just deities. I need them to interact both with each other and with Jasnah/everyone else.

Adolin and Lift need to hang out asap

Kaladin and the little prince. I have way too many feelings about that. Hopefully that will put him around Jasnah some more because their conversations were a delight to read.

• Chaos locked this topic