Anyone care to explain the magic or "Investiture" here?

Quickbronze

Question

11 answers to this question

4 hours ago, CaptainRyan said:

There is a long running joke (and I use joke loosely here) on the forums to offer new members a hemalurgically spiked cookie because... reasons I guess. There is no actual connection between this overly repeated joke and anything in the Cosmere.

I think it began as a bait-and-switch: a new person would be lured in by the promise of cookies with the thinly-masked intent of spiking them when they got close.  

Ooooh, sorry 'bout that, should have thought that through. I'm talking about the cookie investiture that I was warned against on my joining thread XD

Wait. What the heck? I thought I put this in General Discussion, not Cosmere Q&A

Edited by Crimson Not Blood

But they aren't living, so they shouldn't have Hemalurgic bindpoints, and swallowing Hemalurgic spikes shouldn't be any worse then swallowing regular spikes... which is admittedly bad, but why bother murdering people to make tiny spikes when you're going to use them for something that normal spikes could do just as well?

Unless there's a hemalurgic bindpoint at a narrow point in the digestive tract...