[OB] Audiobook Preview

Pagerunner

4 minutes ago, Isaiah Zayth said:

Awesome news! I assume this means the interlude won't be chronological with the previews we've already seen.

The first interludes appear at the end of Part 1, which is where we just got to. So, it might not be the first interlude after Chapter 32, but it will be in that batch.

11 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

The first interludes appear at the end of Part 1, which is where we just got to. So, it might not be the first interlude after Chapter 32, but it will be in that batch.

Right! But the fact they are making a decision on which interlude to share makes me suspicious they're picking something less important to the main plot. Just a hunch. :)

2 hours ago, Pagerunner said:

Peter is over on Discord right now, and he just shared that on Monday, there will be one last preview, an audiobook one. It will be "one of the first interludes in the book, one that Brandon has not read at a signing."

Will it be released on tor?

4 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Speaking of the Oathbringer audiobook it looks like the official length is 55 hours and two minutes. Longer than Words of Radiance  (48 hrs 15 min) and Way of Kings (45 hrs 37 min).

Somehow, when you break it down into time like that it doesn't seem like enough. Although, that is like 2-3 seasons if it were a show.

11 hours ago, Ansalem said:

Somehow, when you break it down into time like that it doesn't seem like enough. Although, that is like 2-3 seasons if it were a show.

Enough?  GRRM’s A Dance With Dragons is 49 hours.

Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire is 27.5 hours.

A wise man’s fears (Kingkiller) is 42 hours.

55 hours, for someone who listens on the commute or while exercising, is huge.

Edited by axcellence

5 hours ago, Ammanas said:

@Storyspren I don't know anything about audiobooks on itunes, but I think this is what you want

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/oathbringer/id1198279804?mt=11

Thanks for the link. Preordered!

Its the text version though, so still in search of the audiobook. Must have both or universe implodes you see.

1 hour ago, axcellence said:

Enough?  GRRM’s A Dance With Dragons is 49 hours.

Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire is 27.5 hours.

A wise man’s fears (Kingkiller) is 42 hours.

55 hours, for someone who listens on the commute or while exercising, is huge.

I know, that's why it's weird.

• Chaos locked this topic