WOR Tour Scrapbook - Your participation requested!!!!

karaokeang

I am going to be at the Chicago / Skokie signing, and will be happy to help out with this. I've been terribly busy these last few... units of time that sit somewhere between weeks and months... so haven't been able to be as active in this thread as I've wanted to. But I will go to the signing, and I will participate in this project. I have no problems throwing a up to, say, $20-30 either - as long as somebody else outlines the possible venues for spending this money. Because I don't have time for creativity either... =\

That is great to hear Argent.  It is actually quite inexpensive.  If you send me your address, I will send the cards to you and you can distribute them.  There is really no cost unless you want to help me with supply cost.  I would appreciate it but it is not necessary.

Well, I vaguely remember mentions of other things we could put in the book, not just postcards - they are what I was thinking of when I said I was willing to spend some extra. Did none of them happened?

And I will be happy to cover your supply costs. I'll PM you my address, but let's wait a couple of days (we have a month until Chicago), see if anyone else from the area will be attending.

Yeah since you are the last stop of the tour I may end up sending you a lot more like completed pages with all the photos and extra page protectors. 

Other items are welcome in the book, I just don't have the time to do it myself.  I am spending most of my free time printing cards, creating the decorative elements for the book, soliciting participation through social media and making little gifts for my helpers. :)

I am worried about the release event, Huntington Beach, the other SF stop and Portland as I don't have anyone covering those events and they are next week!!!!

It just registered the book release is a week away!!!! So DARN EXCITED!!!!

Edited by karaokeang

Brilliant idea. A suggestion. Can a Moderator ban Brandon and Peter from this thread? I trust that Peter (who has honestly probably already seen this) would keep this a surprise for Brandon, but it would be cool if this took the both of them by surprise.

I'll commit to the Philly signing one way or another by this time tomorrow. I just need to work out logistics with my wife and I should be good to go.

I replied on the chat, but thought I would here too as well. 

I will be going to the release in Provo, so if you'd like me to distribute cards I certainly can. You can either mail them to me in Herriman, UT (PM me for the address), or I can try to print some off here. My printer isn't working very well though, so I can't vouch for high quality.

Sounds like a great idea!

Kelly

I want a stationary set of those cards now... Imagine having pads/stickynotes/buisnesscards all printed out....! Superb.

Being in Australia, I won't be able to make it to a signing, but I'll definitely fill one out! Amazing!

Edited by Haelbarde

I will be at the Dayton Ohio signing & am willing to help, though I'm a little confused about how this is working.

The first post said we'd be distributing cards & having people write messages, etc., then hand the cards to Brandon when he signs WOR for them. Then somewhere later in the thread it seems to say you are shipping the actual album pages around and the "archivist" is supposed to assemble the cards from their location into the book - - ??

How will it get to each signing in time, unless Brandon's people themselves carry it?

How will it work for the tour stops that occur after the Seattle signing?

Or are we to send the cards back to you for assembly?

I will email you re: my address, etc., but I thought others would have these questions too so am posting them here.

This is a fantastic idea and the artwork for the cards is amazing! We'll make it fly!

I will be at the Dayton Ohio signing & am willing to help, though I'm a little confused about how this is working.

The first post said we'd be distributing cards & having people write messages, etc., then hand the cards to Brandon when he signs WOR for them. Then somewhere later in the thread it seems to say you are shipping the actual album pages around and the "archivist" is supposed to assemble the cards from their location into the book - - ??

How will it get to each signing in time, unless Brandon's people themselves carry it?

How will it work for the tour stops that occur after the Seattle signing?

Or are we to send the cards back to you for assembly?

I will email you re: my address, etc., but I thought others would have these questions too so am posting them here.

This is a fantastic idea and the artwork for the cards is amazing! We'll make it fly!

Okay for the signings at Provo and San Diego, I am having the archivists have people fill out the cards and then send them back to me.  That way I can assemble pages so that Brandon can see what we are doing.  I will also be printing photos to add to the pages.  I don't have anyone doing Huntington Beach at this point.  

Both San Fran events are covered but they can't get them back to me in time for inclusion when I hand it to Brandon so they are going to distribute the cards to fans and have them hand them directly to Brandon.  Portland is not covered at this time but I have a lead on it so I am not stressing it yet.

For Seattle, I will have fans fill out the cards and I will incorporate them on site before giving them to Brandon.  Pictures will have to be added later by Brandon from this stop.  

I do not know if Brandon will be taking the album with him on his tour, I highly doubt it.  For all the other stops, cards will be distributed to fans for them to just hand to Brandon.  I will be collecting pictures of the tour stops and printing them.  At the end I will send Argent the pictures for him to give to Brandon for him to incorporate into the book.  

If by some chance Brandon decides to lug around the album, it would be nice for the archivists to put the cards in the book for Brandon and I will drop ship pictures to the archivists at various stops on the tour for them to just slip into the album.  I will talk to Brandon about it when I give him the album and give everyone further instruction at that time.

Thanks karaokeang for your patient reply! This sounds like it will work well.

And if Brandon wants the Tour Archivists to mail the cards to you (or your designee :-), I'm sure that will be no problem either. It would mean that we'd have to stay at our signing till all the cards are "delivered," but weren't we all planning on doing that anyway...?

Can't wait till March 4! There are anticipationspren/red streamers everywhere!

Do you have anyone for the Philadelphia signing yet?  I'm from (way) out of town, but as that is the nearest signing, I'm planning to trek in for it.  Already have the day off of work and everything. =D

Yes, I have someone for the Philadelphia signing and she is printing the cards up herself.  I am sure she will relish having someone to help her distribute them though.  I will ask her if I can give you her email address and then maybe you guys can coordinate?

Hey Everyone!  I have been thinking bout the album alot this weekend.  What do you think about having all the completed cards sent to me no matter where the signing is and I compile and complete the pages.  I would send pages to the tour archivists each week so that Brandon gets more and more of the album.  This way there is absolutely no work on his part.  What do you think?

Guest Shash

Hey Everyone!  I have been thinking bout the album alot this weekend.  What do you think about having all the completed cards sent to me no matter where the signing is and I compile and complete the pages.  I would send pages to the tour archivists each week so that Brandon gets more and more of the album.  This way there is absolutely no work on his part.  What do you think?

I like this idea.  It'd also give you the option to spruce it up even more.

So I'm the tour archivist for San Rafael.  This is actually my first post on the forum, having hung out around the forums off and on for a long time.

I like the idea of sending the cards back, I think it will make for a much better finished product.

Also, I have a number of glassblowing friends.  I could probably convince one of them to make some spheres and send it along before the end of the events... I'll see what I can do.  I already have a homemade mistcloak...

Or I could mold some epoxy around a little LED, make a sphere that glows.

Edited by windingminds

This new plan is not making sense to me - it seems like it will only work for the tour stops before your own, kareokeang.

For those of us who are (much) later, are we thinking that Brandon or his people will be bringing the book along, and giving it to us to assemble on-site with pages you send us? That doesn't seem to fit with the "no work on his part" strategy.

Maybe there's no good way those of us after Seattle can participate, other than sending you our cards now, so you'll have them by the time BS gets to you? (If that's the case, and you've already mailed me something, I'll reimburse you for postage - it's so awesome of you to be organizing this in the first place!)

I'm pretty good at logistics, but I'm a little stumped here. Help?

This new plan is not making sense to me - it seems like it will only work for the tour stops before your own, kareokeang.

For those of us who are (much) later, are we thinking that Brandon or his people will be bringing the book along, and giving it to us to assemble on-site with pages you send us? That doesn't seem to fit with the "no work on his part" strategy.

Maybe there's no good way those of us after Seattle can participate, other than sending you our cards now, so you'll have them by the time BS gets to you? (If that's the case, and you've already mailed me something, I'll reimburse you for postage - it's so awesome of you to be organizing this in the first place!)

I'm pretty good at logistics, but I'm a little stumped here. Help?

Sorry for the confusion, I must not have communicated well.  After each and every stop the tour archivists will send the cards to me.  I will then take the cards, put them in the page protectors and add the decorative elements and make them pretty.  I will then send the completed pages to a Tour Archivist further down the line for them to give to Brandon.  If your stop is near the end of the tour, you will still send the cards to me and I will incorporate them into pages and I will send them directly to Brandon when the tour is over.  I am sure Dragonsteel has PO Box for fan letters and gifts.

I plan to take pictures of the album and page protectors before I send them out so everyone can see the pages.

Does that make sense?