[OB] Renarin

joesleepsalot

Didn't see this anywhere, I apologize if it's a repeat. 

I'm fairly certain that Renarin isn't Dalinar's son. The hints throughout the series have been overwhelming, and recently in OB there was a line about how unbelievable it was that they are related. Combine that with the fact that something like the recreance happened between Dalinar and Evi. Obviously she cheated on him and he raised Renarin out of pity and/or honor. Lol. My two cents. 

INTERVIEW: Oct 5th, 2013

QUESTION

Are Renarin and Adolin Dalinar's legitimate children?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Good question! Yes, they are both legitimate. Though Renarin didn't get as much of the hair, which is probably what people are asking about.

http://theoryland.com/intvsresults.php?kwt='renarin'

14 hours ago, joesleepsalot said:

Obviously she cheated on him and he raised Renarin out of pity and/or honor. Lol. My two cents. 

I disagree with this. What would lead you to believe that she would have an affair?

(I'm not going after you I'm just genuinely curious.)

Edited by bleeder

I put the post up before becoming aware of the WoB... so yeah it's pretty much obsolete now lol. I'm a pretty busy dude, I don't get as much time as I'd like to peruse all the data. 

My rataionale was that the stormfather hinted at a recreance-level betrayal from his wife. And Dalinar's buddy (the ardent) hinted at Dalinar's retribution (presumably towards his wife) being utterly ruthless. Having been divorced, the only thing I can think of that'd send someone into such a rage and/or qualify for the stormfathers betrayal analogy is infidelity. That seems to me to be a no brainer. Plus I haven't seen Renarin match much of Dalinar in any capacity. After all, Dalinar's only been a changed individual for about 10% of his life if we go by years. Minus the WoB, I'd be hard pressed to argue for Renarin being his relation.... especially with the potential for infidelity via his wife. Ultimately just wheel-spinning, Renarin is obviously a legitimate son. But I'm sticking to my guns on infidelity

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Renarin
  • Chaos locked this topic