The lost metal is from Roshar

gokucauthon

Just throwing it out there but what if the lost metal in era 2 is a metal Honor or Cultivation spiked the Kandra with as a way of sending a message of assistance.  In the final mistborn they reach space travel and maybe show up in the later arc of the Stormlight Archive!

Crazy i know but thats kinda my thing lol!!

Mistborn's Era2 happens in the late half of Stormlight Archive.

But I see nothing that could connect the two stories at the point of Honor or Cultivation as Trellium's senders (by the way, Honor is gone so He could not send anything offworld).

On a last note, you seem to think that the "lost metal" and trellium are the same stuff, but we don't know it for sure.

48 minutes ago, Yata said:

But I see nothing that could connect the two stories at the point of Honor or Cultivation as Trellium's senders (by the way, Honor is gone so He could not send anything offworld).

On a last note, you seem to think that the "lost metal" and trellium are the same stuff, but we don't know it for sure.

Isn't the lost metal atium? I seem to remember people in Era 2 refer to atium as the lost metal multiple times. The unknown metal that was used to spike the kandra was just some other unknown-but-presumably godmetal. Might just be remembering wrong so feel free to correct me.

1 hour ago, HillbillyBurgess said:

Isn't the lost metal atium? I seem to remember people in Era 2 refer to atium as the lost metal multiple times. The unknown metal that was used to spike the kandra was just some other unknown-but-presumably godmetal. Might just be remembering wrong so feel free to correct me.

We don't know for sure what "the lost metal" will be. As you said in the Era2 Atium is called "the lost metal" but we don't know if the title is a reference to Atium or something else.

I believe it's the atium but honestly my idea is good as someonelse's idea

I'm pretty sure that the lost metal is atium because according to Kelsier, by destroying the pits of Hathsin he stopped the Final Empire's production of atium for the next 300 years or so, and according to the back cover of the Alloy of Law this story takes place 300 years in the future from TFE era

Edited by Tai'shar-Malkier

The connection in-universe between atium and the expression 'the Lost Metal' (along with the timeline factor) is so obvious that it almost feels like a red herring, but we're not going to know until we get the last Era 2 book.

7 hours ago, gokucauthon said:

Just throwing it out there but what if the lost metal in era 2 is a metal Honor or Cultivation spiked the Kandra with as a way of sending a message of assistance.  In the final mistborn they reach space travel and maybe show up in the later arc of the Stormlight Archive!

As Yata says, Mistborn Era 2 happens between the first and second halves of Stormlight Archive. We still need Era 3 (with a timeskip of at least fifty years, based on the tech level jump) and then who knows how long will pass between that and Era 4 when we hit Mistborn: The Sci-Fi Story. So there's no way it's happening in time for the second half of SA and doing so would go against Brandon's intention for the series to be (largely) standalone.

And as also mentioned, Honor hasn't been in a position to be making any potentially allomantically-viable metals for some time and Cultivation isn't a really likely possibility for the originator of 'Trellium'.

22 hours ago, Yata said:

@Yata u r correct. I confused the "lost metal" with "trellium".  And era 2 does happen then correct, but aren't there people from Scandrial already on Roshar.  Maybe Ftl isnt the answer but maybe some sort of cognitive realm travel....and they meet earlier...and why isnt Cultivation @Weltalla possible candidate? Kandra have been known to world hop

1 hour ago, gokucauthon said:

@Yata u r correct. I confused the "lost metal" with "trellium".  And era 2 does happen then correct, but aren't there people from Scandrial already on Roshar.  Maybe Ftl isnt the answer but maybe some sort of cognitive realm travel....and they meet earlier...and why isnt Cultivation @Weltalla possible candidate? Kandra have been known to world hop

There are worldhoppers almost in every shardworld. It's not too hard to arrive on Roshar with the standard Cognitive Travel. The Worldhopper comunity is able to send people almost everywhere in every major Shardworld with some variable amount of effort, every planet with a Shard is almost an automatic destination for a Worldhopper unless some weirdness happens to the planet itself (for example Taldain was isolated by Authonomy and reach Sel is dangerous for the ravaging Dor)

On 10/2/2017 at 9:35 AM, Tai'shar-Malkier said:

I'm pretty sure that the lost metal is Atium because according to Kelsier, by destroying the pits of Hathsin he stopped the Final Empire's production of Atium for the next 300 years or so, and according to the back cover of the Alloy of Law this story takes place 300 years in the future from TFE era

The problem with this is that the Atium forming was related to Preservation's actions and the Ruin's Shardpool in the Pits. The Lerasium was right by the Well after all. After the Ascension of Harmony, he reclaimed both the Well and the Pits.

Both Shardpools and their respective God Metals are no more unless Harmony specifically produces more Atium/Lerasium. Harmony's Pool would produce Harmonium(and that stuff seems to be concentrated on another continent.

3 minutes ago, john203 said:

Unless, of course, Harmony is producing harmonium (normally) and atium (to offset the piece of preservation in humanity) to keep himself balanced

There's a theory that Harmonium is imbalanced towards Ruin on a subatomic level, and I personally like that better than harmony risking people having Atium again.

Brandon said that it makes sense for ettmetal to be so volatile, because it has the power of both Shards in it, and the conflict associated with them. He also clarified that it’s not a nuclear reaction; it’s chemically reactive, it’s the properties of the electrons in Harmonium that make it so reactive. It’s like ‘super-cesium,’ reacting very quickly with water.

Cesium(and Alkali Metals in general) have an odd number of electrons. An odd number would mean that one Shard would have more, making it unbalanced.

8 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

There's a theory that Harmonium is imbalanced towards Ruin on a subatomic level, and I personally like that better than harmony risking people having Atium again.

Cesium(and Alkali Metals in general) have an odd number of electrons. An odd number would mean that one Shard would have more, making it unbalanced.

To be' honest I don't see the risk with Atium in Era2. I know the unbalanced Harmonium theory and I like it a lot.

But the Atium will be mainly useless in Era2. What makes Atium so priceless was his Allomantic effect, without Mistborn to burn It, It Will Lost 90% of his appeal. Sure It's possible but to me unlikely there are Seer among the popolation but again, with the modern weaponery and alluminium...a Seer is really Short lived being.

Of course there is the Atium's Hemalurgical use but again, It does nothing you could not performe with another metal, and in Era2 the Scadrialian have all' the 16 Metals.

I believe the Atium will not be broken in Era2 as most people believe.

PS: I ignored the Feruchemical effect because It's not really relevant at all

• Chaos locked this topic