Possible Shard Combinations and their Natures

I'll start off by apologizing for being inactive for so long, I just kind of got distracted then forgot about this site for awhile. This site is awesome, though.

WARNING: THE REST OF THIS POST HAS UNMARKED SPOILERS, so take care.

We all (except the peepers who ignored my warning) witnessed (inside our heads, not literally witnessed) the awesome moment when Sazed took on the shards of Ruin and Preservation, thus becoming Harmony. This is what inspired me to ask the community these questions: what hypothetical shard combination would you find interesting? What would the combined shard be called, and what would he/she/it be like? Someone's probably asked this question before, but I would like to see you guys' opinions without doing a complicated search. Although this is not a competition, I would appreciate it if people limited their shard combinations to a maximum of three different shards pushed together. I also would like to point out that this is in no way canonical, and we can do all sorts of crazy stuff without asking how the listed shards would combine.

Here's my contribution:

Ruin + Cultivation = Decadence (discuss)

7 minutes ago, The Allomantic Metalhead said:

@Agent34 Yeah, but I mean cultural excess, like the kind that slowly builds up over time and leads to the collapse of civilizations.

Incarceration sounds like a cool combination shard, i wonder what a world under the control of Incarceration would be like.

Ah alright, clever. Like if you don't prune or cut back your garden.

I figured Incarceration works as maintaining the same thing for negative reasons. As for a world... we know how access to a magic system is obtained depends on Intent of the Shard or Shards so maybe users need to be trapped against their will? Or perhaps they have to want to do that to others.

• Chaos locked this topic