[OB] Stormcast: Oathbringer ch 7-9

Mason Wheeler

The Listeners have four genders. Male, Malen,  Female, Femalen. ;)

EDIT: You are not a bad person for wanting Adolin to get away with Sadeas's murder. However, Brandon is too good of an author to allow Adolin to get away with it. 

Edited by eveorjoy

1 hour ago, eveorjoy said:

The Listeners have four genders. Male, Malen,  Female, Femalen. ;)

Seems to me from Eshonai's POVs that the -en form is simply how they say "male" and "female", and that the words are the same words for singular and plural, just like spren.  I plan to ask Brandon at the release party if that word originally comes from the Listeners' tongue.

1 hour ago, Mason Wheeler said:

Seems to me from Eshonai's POVs that the -en form is simply how they say "male" and "female", and that the words are the same words for singular and plural, just like spren.  I plan to ask Brandon at the release party if that word originally comes from the Listeners' tongue.

I believe I saw a WOB on this topic. Male and female were the sexual reproducing genders and malen and femalen were the asexual genders. How I can't find it right now so bring me word when you ask Brandon at the release party. ;)

8 hours ago, eveorjoy said:

I believe I saw a WOB on this topic. Male and female were the sexual reproducing genders and malen and femalen were the asexual genders. How I can't find it right now so bring me word when you ask Brandon at the release party. ;)

Well it would sure be interesting if you (or anyone else) could dig that up.

1 hour ago, Mason Wheeler said:

Well it would sure be interesting if you (or anyone else) could dig that up.

I learned about the concept of the four genders of the Listeners in this thread. It's not very long. After the WOB quotes near the end, the discussion was over. The quotes suggest four genders, but it wouldn't hurt to ask Brandon for clarification because topic discussed is actually about mating and children, not a number of genders precisely. 

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Stormcast: Oathbringer ch 7-9
  • Chaos locked this topic