Peet says hello

Peet

Hello,

I've been lurking on the site since doing the shardhunt, and decided to finally make an introductory post.  I was intrigued by "the cosmere" that I became aware of after the shardhunt and have been voraciously devouring anything and everything I can find regarding it.

I believe I first became aware of Brandon Sanderson's writing when he was selected to finish the Wheel of Time series.  I decided to read the other books he had written at the time.  I loved Mistborn, and the other two books in that trilogy after they came out.  Elantris and Warbreaker were great as well.  The Alcatraz books were a change of pace and quite fun to read.  I thought he did well with the last Wheel of Time books (man, what an amazing responsibility to take on).  I especially enjoyed The Way of Kings and look forward to Words of Radiance and the rest of the series.  I think I've read almost everything he's had published (including Rithmatist, Steelheart, Legion, and other novellas) aside from Infinity Blade.

After I got married three years ago, I introduced my wife to his books, and she's loved them as well.  Whenever someone asks for suggestions on what to read next, I suggest Mistborn, or anything by Brandon Sanderson.  When my first son was about to join us last year, I took Elantris to the hospital, and my mother-in-law ended up reading it and said she really liked it.

I've read many of the books my wife has read and enjoyed by other authors, but I haven't found one whose work I enjoy as much as Brandon's.

Anyway, I'll probably stick around browsing this site for quite a while, though I may not be one to post very often.

-Peet

P.S. Should I pick a different user name?  It seems like this character could have been a nod to Peter Ahlstrom in the Way of Kings.  I chose it because there is a connection to my name and I think I share the attribute of being quietly dependable.

• Chaos locked this topic