Hi All

Luke.spence

So, in discussing Heralds and such things with people on GoodReads, I figured it was time to join this forum. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner, but oh well.

Anywho, I'm a huge Sanderson fan. He's my all time favorite author (Rothfuss is my second favorite). Unfortunately, I have yet to read Mistborn (even though I own them), so I can't fully appreciate some of the cosmere crossover stuff yet. After Word of Radiance comes out, I'll direct my attention to Mistborn so I can get in the loop on this stuff.

I've read the WoT books that Sanderson wrote/helped write, The Way of Kings, and Elantris. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to the others yet since my TBR list is extremely long. Mistborn and Steelheart (I know it's not a cosmere book, but my friends have been raving about it) are my next Sanderson books after March 4th, but I'm also in the middle of books by Steve Erikson, Joe Abercrombie, GRRM, Scott Lynch, and Mark Lawrence.

Sorry about that, I've read all the WoT books. I'm on book 4 of aSoIaF, I've read all the Codex Alera books, the first two books of Mark Lawrence's The Broken Empire trilogy, and the two released books in the Kingkiller Chronicles. There are others that I've read, but those are the primary series that I've read so far. I'm working on others, but haven't gotten very far yet.

Alright. Thanks for clearing that up.

I wish I could read the rest of Codex Alera. I've only read the first two, as none of my local libraries have any of the others. I've recently read Game of Thrones, and I'm on a short break before I start in on Clash of Kings.

I would recommend downloading Warbreaker from Brandon's website, just in case you don't have a book with you and you're bored. It's totally free, and if you're interested you can also see earlier drafts of it.

Codex Alera was actually the series that REALLY got me into fantasy when I was young. I read the first three, then made the yearly trip to the bookstore to buy the last ones as they were published. That's a series that gets progressively better the further you go (much like Butcher's other works). It's also much better from a military strategy standpoint than many books I've read lately.

I do need to read Warbreaker, my only problem is that I have 2 hours to read every day (it might sound like a lot, but I'm used to 4-6 hours) and my goal is to read 100 pages in The Way of Kings a day, then read the pre-released chapters of WoR before March 4th. If I complete that, then I'll read either Mistborn or Warbreaker. 

• Chaos locked this topic