Jasnah Kholin most powerful radiant yet

bdoble97

I know oathringer flashback character is Dalinar my favorite character of the two books so far and possibly one of my favorite characters in all of Epic Fantasy. But the Oathbringer has his niece Jasnah on the cover. If you stop and think of it she has been connected to her spre the longest out of any of the main characters.  Pluse the time she spent in shadsmar  who knows all the knowledge that she has gained during her absence from Words of Radiance. If we just Judge Her by the cover of Earth bring her she looks like she's going to be pretty much a badass. But how is Brandon Sanderson going to be able to fit her along with all the other main characters in book three good thing this  books going to be well over a thousand Pages because he's created so many Fantastic characters that you don't want to get robbed "screen time" with. On a side note I know I've mentioned this before but Olivia Wilde is Jasnah in my minds eye. 

Edited by bdoble97

Jasnah has the longest time interacting and learning from her spren, but Shallan has been bonded since childhood. 

As far as what she's learned and how powerful she'll be..... No clue. I would very much like to see more of Jasnah. 

15 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Jasnah has the longest time interacting and learning from her spren, but Shallan has been bonded since childhood. 

As far as what she's learned and how powerful she'll be..... No clue. I would very much like to see more of Jasnah. 

Spoiler

I was pissed when she got killed in the first few chapters of WOR. 

Hopefully we get alot of her in Oathbringer. Do tou think she will clash with Shallan. Shallan has become so much more from the last time they were together. 

well, in the wheel of time there were characters with vastly different power levels, and they had different plots. for example, the whole plot of mat escapping ebou dar with tuon would have never happened if there had been rand or egwene with him. but they weren't there, so the plot worked, as long as there were believable reasons for the characters to become separated.

What I am worrying about instead is the power level of all radiants. we have seen that whole armies are of little consequence to the likes of szeth or kaladin, and it's getting even worse when they'll get plate. So unless they will spend all their time fighting thunderclasts, or not fighting and doing politics instead, I have a hard time seeing what kind of challenges they may face. but I am confident brandon has plans about it.

1 minute ago, king of nowhere said:

What I am worrying about instead is the power level of all radiants. we have seen that whole armies are of little consequence to the likes of szeth or kaladin, and it's getting even worse when they'll get plate. So unless they will spend all their time fighting thunderclasts, or not fighting and doing politics instead, I have a hard time seeing what kind of challenges they may face. but I am confident brandon has plans about it.

Different kinds of Voidbringers (there is a whole magic system there we dont know of). Also, eachother maybe. And then there are people like Adolin, who can have "Mat plots" because he lacks the power of the Radiants.

When it comes to Jasnah, her storyline will probably converge with other characters (my money is on Kaladin). Brandon doesnt want Stormlight to be too spread out, so I doubt Jasnah will be on her own. And if she is on the same place as the others, screen time wont be as big of an issue.

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Different kinds of Voidbringers (there is a whole magic system there we dont know of). Also, eachother maybe. And then there are people like Adolin, who can have "Mat plots" because he lacks the power of the Radiants.

When it comes to Jasnah, her storyline will probably converge with other characters (my money is on Kaladin). Brandon doesnt want Stormlight to be too spread out, so I doubt Jasnah will be on her own. And if she is on the same place as the others, screen time wont be as big of an issue.

I really want to see in at least a couple chapters of  Jasnah on her way to the shatterplaind and mavye figbting some voidbringers on her own before she meets up with everyone els. 

1 hour ago, king of nowhere said:

well, in the wheel of time there were characters with vastly different power levels, and they had different plots. for example, the whole plot of mat escapping ebou dar with tuon would have never happened if there had been rand or egwene with him. but they weren't there, so the plot worked, as long as there were believable reasons for the characters to become separated.

There are going to full armies of voidbringers Kaladin and the others are going to have there hands full. 

4 hours ago, Mestiv said:

@bdoble97 Can you please fix the opening post a bit? The lack of punctuation and this "Earth bringer" hurts my eyes so much...

^^^^^

I honestly don't know what you're asking. Are you saying that based on the cover of a novel Jasnah is instantly the most powerful? Any character can be considered the most powerful in a certain situation. 

Seriously dude this is just a stream of consciousness please fix it. You stray off topic a lot and it makes it hard to understand.

1 hour ago, Jedal said:

^^^^^

I honestly don't know what you're asking. Are you saying that based on the cover of a novel Jasnah is instantly the most powerful? Any character can be considered the most powerful in a certain situation. 

Seriously dude this is just a stream of consciousness please fix it. You stray off topic a lot and it makes it hard to understand.

Sorry I guess I shouldn't post well driving and doing voice to text my apologies. Hahah it's more me just brainstorming out loud and posting it. I'll try not to do this anymore

11 hours ago, bdoble97 said:

Sorry I guess I shouldn't post well driving and doing voice to text my apologies. Hahah it's more me just brainstorming out loud and posting it. I'll try not to do this anymore

No that's fine I guess it makes sense with the voice to text thing... I'm just a bit of a nitpicker

• Chaos locked this topic