Wit and Perfect Pitch

Rupert

Apologies have looked around but can't find a definitive answer.

When Wit visits Kaladin in prison (WoR) he tunes a stringed instrument and comments something like "so much easier with perfect pitch". I seem to remember that perfect pitch was achieved with a certain amount of "breaths" on the Warbreaker world. We know he visited there (the warbreaker world) as a storyteller/historian. Does this mean he has these breaths and they work on the stormlight world?

Is this what BS means by an easter egg?

Yes! Good job on the catch, it's one of many easter eggs within the Stormlight Archive!  

Keep your eyes open for more (and if you want help discovering them, go to coppermind.net and read the articles on Hoid or worldhopper.)  

Congrats on your first find, there's a lot of fun stuff ahead of you!

A couple WOBs on the subject...

STRONIAX

Can people from one are of the cosmere Ruturn to the place from the cosmere where Awakeners are from (forgot the name)?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Meaning, can they travel to Nalthis, where Warbreaker takes place? Yes, they can.

ZAS

After several more signings, I asked my other question. "Do people in the Comsere, besides Nalthis, have Breaths?"

BRANDON SANDERSON

"No." He then signed a person's books, then said "To elaborate a little more, that's not to say they don't have a life force, because they do. But if someone not from Nalthis were to suddenly gain the ability to become an Awakener, they could not use what they have to Awaken something. That's not to say that they can't receive breaths though."

Keep your eye on Zahel, though. If you don't already know, just keep your eye on him.

It is sort of an Easter egg, but it is also just one of the references to the comer being one coherent place.

Edited by Dragon314

• 1 month later...
  • Chaos locked this topic