dual wielding honorblades

macros

I wonder if Harmony is diametrically opposed to any other Shards, then? What if Harmony and Odium both died - could someone pull a Sazed and double Ascend, welding the Shards?

I feel like those intents would be hard to balnce.

Hate/Be hated. Destroy. Preserve. The only character we've seen do all of thoser was the Serial Killer from the beginning of Alloy. He loathed everything, killed people, and turned them into art. A shard with the motivation to stagnate the universe through destruction is a little superterrifying.

• 1 month later...

So from the WoR material so far its pretty much confirmed that having an honorblade grants access to surgebinding. Brandon has also confirmed that dual wielding shardblades is possible. So im wondering if it is possible to dual wield honorblades and if so, does it grant you access to 4 surges assuming that none of the surges are shared. any thoughts?

Szeth seems to think so:

Words of Radiance, Chapter 86:

"You have stolen Honorblades. It is the only explanation."

So unless the plural of Honorblades is a typo, or Szeth misspeaking in some way, Szeth knows you can have multiple blades. Furthermore, since he has the Windrunner blade, and Kaladin is doing the same things he is, then Kaladin must have the Skybreaker (gravitation) and Bondsmith (adhesion) Honorblades.

• 1 year later...

Ugh.... why would you?

It would be so awkward swinging them around, duel shardKnives i could totally go with but the full on blades?

Anybody who watches/reads Sword Art Online has a reason, for one.

Though it in reality really is impractical. Twin knives at the very least really only require modified punching motions.

I know, sorry i didn't mean to sound patronizing (just reread my post)

I just meant swinging around a 6 foot blade which would take 10 seconds to summon and then having to summon the second blade after that. Would you even be able to perform the traditional stances? Or would you have to invent a new style?

• Chaos locked this topic