Staterus

One of the examples given for how Cohesion could be used is that the user could leave his handprint in a table. This could presumably affect the living. But could this affect shardplate or blade?

I really doubt it (but without explic information) for a couple of reasons:

1) Invested Objects are hard to affect and Blade and Plate are really high Invested.

2) The Plate auto-repair itself so probably it would return to its original shape if you manage to change it. The Blade will return to its original to the next summoning

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You are only thinking about decreasing cohesion. Think about increasing cohesion. 
On inanimate obects it would increase its resistance. I can see a highly cohesion invested sword acting like a second class shard. Or a invested cohesion shield acting like a half-shard.
On a group of people, it would rise morale adn/or interpessoal strenght. On an army, it would rise coordination making them a LOT more effective.

Any more ideas? 

7 minutes ago, red032 said:

You are only thinking about decreasing cohesion. Think about increasing cohesion. 
On inanimate obects it would increase its resistance. I can see a highly cohesion invested sword acting like a second class shard. Or a invested cohesion shield acting like a half-shard.
On a group of people, it would rise morale adn/or interpessoal strenght. On an army, it would rise coordination making them a LOT more effective.

Any more ideas? 

The few things we've heard on cohesion all seem to deal with the physical structure of objects. 

If it can be used to effect interpersonal cohesion, that strengthens the ability massively. 

• 1 year later...
  • Chaos locked this topic