Rep per post

Quiver

Upvotes get handed out for anything from serious contributions to "this made me laugh". 

When I was reading through my reputation(I'm an egomaniac, what can I say?) I was surprised to realise that this post had more reputation attached to it than anything else I'd written, serious or comedic. It made me wonder if anyone else has anything similar, where they are surprised or proud at the amount of reputation they've received for anything.

This is topical for me as I'm very surprised that I'm running at greater than 1 rep per post (please don't stop people who find me at least slightly amusing - serious amounts of self esteem are tied onto this).

I try to mix a serious commentary (for the most part - sometime I can't help but take the (deleted expletive) because lets face it, I (we) don't partake in forums of this nature for completely dry text (has anyone tried to read/learn from Atkins Physical Chemistry - am I right?)

Posts in this website have made me laugh, made me cry, made me hurl.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

And my best is four (4).  I have work to do.

Edited by el_warko

I'm not really sure why, but THIS is my highest (non icon creation related) post ever. At the time I really didn't think it was a particularly noteworthy thought, just something I'd like to see. Not gonna argue with the up votes though.

To date, the post I'm most proud of is still the first one I made after my intro.

• 3 months later...

Well I've not been on here for that long nor made that many posts while I have been here but here's my top 5.

1) The highest number of upvotes  I've had so far (14) was a pretty random entry in the 'Words of Radiance Is Here' thread where I joked about a photo of boxes of WoR arriving in a bookstore, saying that the boxes were so big that they must contain at least 'two' copies each. surprising popularity for a quick (but good natured) snark about the size of the book.

2) The next highest (11) was for the initial post in a thread of my own making entitled 'Lighteyes suck at apologising...' Obviously it's much more satisfying to get the upvotes for a thread you start, this one going on for 3 pages of discussion.

3) Closely (10) followed by another more random post. In the thread 'This is a sad hour' I expressed my relief that the thread was not announcing that there would be no more WoR previews posted on tor.com. There were a few comments posted about that actually being true until the Almighty Ahlstrom pointed out that I was making a hilarious joke. Peter clearly gets British humour.

4&5) Joint fourth/fifth place (8 each) are the first posts in another thread I started called 'Cryptic Previews' wherein I presented outrageously suspect WoR previews and encouraged others to do the same.

At the point of making this post I'm keeping a very respectable ratio of 2 upvotes for each post, though this is likely mostly because I've only made about sixty posts so far. If I can get a mere sixty people to upvote this entry then I can boost the ratio to 3 per post... any volunteers?.. no one?.. Dang it!

Another point of interest that can be added to this thread would be 'most criminally underrated post' for those ones you did not feel got the upvotes they deserved. My nominee would be in the Glimpses of Radiance thread  where my response to the 'Prince Renarin would you kindly slay this rock' glimpse was 'A man chooses, a Szeth obeys'. Maybe I should have put the 'would you kindly' bit in bold or maybe there just aren't so many Bioshock fans here, oh well.

An addition to this thread for the real attention whores among us, "Lookit me Lookit me, I'm so big and clever!"

I just went through and upvoted every one of the linked-to posts. :D

I think my highest voted post was the Where's WalDo post, apparently for the title alone (since the thread itself failed to uncover definitive data). Honestly, I didn't feel particularly clever when I named that, and I frequently get zero upvotes for posts I find far more hilarious. :P

I was idly looking through old rep posts (mainly because my rep went up and I couldn't see which posts had been upvoted yes I do that shhhh) and I was *astounded* to find my original 'Wasing the Wanting of Snowman Building' had 21 upvotes, while two similar songs, Go of the Letting and Let It Glow had 9 each. Meanwhile a fake ideal of the KR had garnered 15 upvotes, all while I wasn't watching. I'm a little mindblown.

(I'll reference them when I'm not on mobile).

Edited by Delightful

• 1 month later...

My highest rep was for a lame joke it was only 7 upvotes. Which is unfortunate because seven is a registered six offender.

Some of the strangest upvotes i have gotten is for telling queen elsa that i am not a knight i am just plain mat.

Edited by Matrim Bloody Cauthon

My highest rep was for a lame joke it was only 7 upvotes. Which is unfortunate because seven is a registered six offender.

Some of the strangest upvotes i have gotten is for telling queen elsa that i am not a knight i am just plain mat.

I just got I think 3 rep on a post I wouldn't expect to get one. Sometimes 17th Sharders confuse me.

Just take the rep and run before the realise :P