Mistborn: Secret History

EvangelionMech

Question

3 answers to this question

There's a whole host of new details we learned, and many we haven't really placed yet.  I mean, we learned about The Beyond, and what seems to hold or draw Cognitive Shadows to it or keep them from going to it. We learned a whole host of new information about the Cognitive Realm, since we hadn't really seen it except in Jasnah or Shallan's experiences in Shadesmar, which is a very different looking version of it, and we didn't even know how the Cognitive Realm would appear for different worlds, if it was indeed different (clearly it's very different). Just the very layout of the Cognitive Realm and how Kelsier was able to travel off Scadrial's actual surface while running straight, though he was apparently unable to truly leave Scadrial (I think the Ire were in the space between Scadrial and other systems, but in the neutral zone close enough that he wasn't restricted, though Ruin was by virtue of being Cognitively hampered as well as more bound to Scadrial).  There's so many possible things we can draw from it, and yet none of them will be fully understood until we see them put in context in other stories, probably.

Yeah, all of that. Plus we learned what Bavadin's Shard is (Autonomy) which gave us more to chew on, we got a little more insight into the process of splintering a Shard and, oh yeah, Khriss and Nazh confirmed for us that the original sixteen Vessels killed Adonalsium to take his/its power. Helps put everything in context, if only a bit more than we had before.

A few big additions for me. Silverlight!! The fact that there's an entire population of worldhoppers, big enough to have universities (plural). And the presence of the IRE as a separate entity. Throw in the knowledge that to pick up a Shard you must be sufficiently connected to that Shard in the first place. 

Edit - argh Silverlight was from AU. My bad. But the stuff with the IRE, their plan to seize the Preservation Shard, how they needed to do it and their pipes of investiture (?) were pretty intriguing.

Edited by Extesian