Who will be next to speak an Ideal of the Knights Radiant?

Stoneward

Ideals of the Knights Radiant  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be next to speak their Ideal?

• Kaladin. (Greedily going for #3 before anyone else gets #2!)
    • Shallan. (Well, it is her book, dang it!)
    • Dalinar. (Will giving away his shards propel him to the NEXT LEVEL?)
    • Renarin. (He sees a spren that no one else does. His reveal could come at any moment!)
    • Jasnah. (She's studied her spren more than anyone, you know.)
    • Elhokar. (Will those faces he sees in the mirror finally make sense?)
    • One of the Bridge Four crew. (They're ready and willing!)
    • Adolin. (He's a long shot, but you never know...)
    • Someone Completely Unexpected. (Tell us who you think!)

I'm going with Shallan for this. I'm certain she will reach at least the second ideal by the end of the book. It wouldn't surprise me if other potential radiants progress also (if they haven't already). I wonder where Jasnah is at?

I voted Shallan because I think she should speak at least one Ideal in her own book. Come to think of it, though, she might do this near the end of WoR, so someone might speak an Ideal before she does. For example, we already know Lift will discover the Edgedancers' Second Ideal in her Interlude.

Other than Shallan and Lift, I think Dalinar and Renarin will speak their Ideals in WoR. I mean, Dalinar already read the Way of Kings (or at least, had someone read it to him), so he has the advantage of being familiar with the source of the Ideals. And Renarin already having a spren makes me think he'll be Surgbinding and Ideal-speaking long before his older brother ever will. Or maybe I'm just biased in favor of my fellow bespectacled introvert. :P

I also wish Rysn would bond with a spren at some point (given her WoR Interlude, she seems like the perfect fit for a Dustbringer: brave and obedient). Maybe next book?

Edited by skaa

I also wish Rysn would bond with a spren at some point (given her WoR Interlude, she seems like the perfect fit for a Dustbringer: brave and obedient). Maybe next book?

Was it a larkin that chose her at the end of her interlude in WoR? Isn't that the critter that Darkness used to suck all of Lift's stormlight?

Was it a larkin that chose her at the end of her interlude in WoR? Isn't that the critter that Darkness used to suck all of Lift's stormlight?

Yeah, but it probably won't suck on its master's own Stormlight, I think. As long as Rysn feeds it regularly, it shouldn't be a problem for her even if she does become a Surgebinder. Her enemies, on the other hand...

Back on topic, I would also be totally okay if the next guy to speak an Ideal is from Kaladin's crew. Whether it's Teft the ex-Envisager, Sigzil the Worldsinger, or Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor the alaii'iku, I think it would be handy for Kaladin to have a Surgebinding follower (or Surgebinding followers).

Edited by skaa

Everyone seems to assume that Renarin charging was incompetent, but if he had already spoken an ideal, he may have had some understanding of Surgebinding and so he was moving forward to use his surgebinding to help defeat the chasmfiend.  However, of course he would have misgivings of revealing his magic, and so when his father ordered him back he went.

I will speak the next ideal that must be spoken.

Huh, apparently it was me. You should have seen the burst of stormlight. It was pretty cool. ;)

So, how does it feel to wield the Surge of Meta? :P

Kaladin,because i think he will need every advantage an Ideal would give him when he fights Szeth especially because he will be protecting Dalinar and probably other members of Bridge Four, which is a Divine Attribute of Windrunners.Also he is my favourite character so maybe my reasons are only egotistical.

I think there will quite a few spoken in this book, maybe as much as 5 including lifts.  Kaladin I can see saying 2, one about leadership(dealing with Amaram) and another about protecting(during Szeth fight).  Shallan will probably say 2 herself no clue as to when or how leave that up to Brandon's genius.  I just can't believe Reranin will say one in this book unless he starts to get a more active role or a POV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic