'Nice work' comes up a bit

Flynn

Actually, if my Calibre is searching correctly, the phrase "nice work" only really shows up in the Reckoners series. Couple of other stories feature it once (and I didn't check the Alcatraz series), but it barely shows up in the others (and not once in Mistborn):

• Sixth of the Dusk: 1
  • Steelheart: 5
  • Firefight: 5
  • Calamity: 3
  • The Rithmatist: 1

16 hours ago, Argent said:

Actually, if my Calibre is searching correctly, the phrase "nice work" only really shows up in the Reckoners series. Couple of other stories feature it once (and I didn't check the Alcatraz series), but it barely shows up in the others (and not once in Mistborn):

I didn't realise how often it's said in Reckoners.

For some reason I thought it showed up in final empire, but I tried searching for mentions of it using google books, and turned up nothing for the original mistborn trilogy, but some for Wax and Wayne. I found it once in Alloy of Law and once in Shadows of Self. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:04 AM, Argent said:

Nice work.

I haven't noticed this, but there are a lot of Sanderson-isms I have noticed.  But I won't mention them because if I did, you would start to notice them too.

I do find it impressive that this only really shows up in Reckoners, which in my opinion means that it's not a Sanderson-ism.

Edited by Who Sharded?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic