New member here!!!

Telmond

New member here!!!

I've been periodically lurking around these forums for a while, but only recently decided to make an account so I can finally contribute.

I have the unfortunate displeasure of only having one friend who reads Brandon so Ive been itching to talk to other people about my obsession with the cosmere (or anything Brandon related).

I'll be happy to talk to you guys in the comments.

7 minutes ago, Telmond said:

Thank you for the messages (and cookies...I guess) .

since you guys r here how do I put the spoiler tag thingys on my messages?

when you are writing a message you can see the eye on top by clicking it it creates a spoiler tag like 

Spoiler

this

ps if you have any more questions feel fre to PM me 

Χωρίς τίτλο.png

21 hours ago, Telmond said:

Yes for some reason Rithmatist is always forgotten and it's a shame since is my favorite ya series by Brandon (yes more then steelheart)

well there is a reson for that , like steelheart it is not part of the cosmere , but rithmatist didn't get a sequel (there is one planned for 2 years from now or smt but nothing yet )

but i do love it and i would never forget it . if you are interested there is a rithmatist specific part here in the 17th shard

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, DarkJester said:

Ah! Nice list! I always forget about Rithmatist for some reason. I don't know why. It was probably my favorite of his short stories... ahh... to be so good and so useless at the same time... story of my life...

Rithmatist was really good... when at school I have some very similar problems.... very interesting magic to, makes me sad its non Cosmere...

23 hours ago, Telmond said:

Yes for some reason Rithmatist is always forgotten and it's a shame since is my favorite ya series by Brandon (yes more then steelheart)

Rithmatist? Forgotten? :P wow...

If you like it, head over to the Rithmatist section in the non-Cosmere forums.... watch out though, hardcore geometry ahead (seriously, I've taken geometry and I have trouble understanding the theories over there... well it has been a while since geometry...

Anyways welcome to the 17th Shard, I'm late as usual. My only book recommendations would be for you to read everything of Brandon's that you haven't so far. I think that would amount to Alcatraz (I'll just say this is... interesting...) and all of his short stories. Some of Brandon's short short stories are available on his website, and many that aren't are available in Arcanum Unbounded. And  as my usual courtesy, have some complimentary upvotes and cookie!

Wow...

I though I posted this about 16 hr. earlier, but apparently not. How curious...

12 minutes ago, Secrets said:

Rithmatist was really good... when at school I have some very similar problems.... very interesting magic to, makes me sad its non Cosmere...

Rithmatist? Forgotten? :P wow...

If you like it, head over to the Rithmatist section in the non-Cosmere forums.... watch out though, hardcore geometry ahead (seriously, I've taken geometry and I have trouble understanding the theories over there... well it has been a while since geometry...

Anyways welcome to the 17th Shard, I'm late as usual. My only book recommendations would be for you to read everything of Brandon's that you haven't so far. I think that would amount to Alcatraz (I'll just say this is... interesting...) and all of his short stories. Some of Brandon's short short stories are available on his website, and many that aren't are available in Arcanum Unbounded. And  as my usual courtesy, have some complimentary upvotes and cookie!

Wow...

I though I posted this about 16 hr. earlier, but apparently not. How curious...

OK so I've seen the Rithmatist section and what I meant by everyone forgets it is that if you ask someone what books Brandon wrote most people leave Rithmatist till the end (or not at all).

As for the short stories I've been looking on Brandon's site almost daily for the past year and a half so Im good there.

Thanks for all the support you guys are so nice to new users its almost creepy(does this have to do with the cookies I shouldn't be accepting?)

Edited by Telmond
Corrections

50 minutes ago, Telmond said:

OK so I've seen the Rithmatist section and what I meant by everyone forgets it is that if you ask someone what books Brandon wrote most people leave Rithmatist till the end (or not at all).

As for the short stories I've been looking on Brandon's site almost daily for the past year and a half so Im good there.

Thanks for all the support you guys are so nice to new users its almost creepy(does this have to do with the cookies I shouldn't be accepting?)

I'd be happy to expound to you all about cookies *takes you by the shoulder* in fact I have some in this Dark Alley ready for you! There are also some people in here somewhere who have cake...

4 minutes ago, DarkJester said:

I just realized that there's another one that I always forget... Legion... Admittedly, I've only read Skin Deep, but it was really good.

Yes but unfortunately I havnt been able to get my hands on legion yet and I've been more occupied in getting arcanum unbound and alkatraz

There's also White Sand, which is frequently forgotten. Although, that's probably because it seems very hard to get at. There is quite literally not a single copy in any library in my state- and that's Australian states, so it's a lot more area than an American one. And I've never seen any in a bookstore, either.

2 hours ago, A Budgie said:

There's also White Sand, which is frequently forgotten. Although, that's probably because it seems very hard to get at. There is quite literally not a single copy in any library in my state- and that's Australian states, so it's a lot more area than an American one. And I've never seen any in a bookstore, either.

I can relate