WoT RP Planning

Silverblade5

1 hour ago, Kestrel said:

I've got my character. Whee

Post or you're lying :P 

Ryth

Brown hair, blue eyes, born in Kandor

Blademaster, who survived the Last Battle. Currently lives in Malkier

I'm going to wait a couple more days for characters and additional players, then I'll launch the game.

Edited by Silverblade5

Avyra Moeryr

Falconer, flies a golden eagle

Small (4'9, maybe 85 lbs), light green eyes, long brown hair, cairhienin

Wears really tall heels and bright colors

Aes Sedai (if its allowed?) But hates Aes Sedai

Is in the green ajah of green-ness

Moves around quite a bit so has no permanent "home"

Dannon Al'Seen.

6'1, dark hair and eyes. 
Reasonably well built. 
Carries a long-hafted spear, a short sword, and a bow across his back. 
Seems to be comfortable with all his weapons. 
Is usually seen wearing well-worn boots, a thick, heavy dark-green coat, and a cloak. 

Laeran Al'Elarin

5'4", Andoran, with dark brown hair and blue eyes, quiet and more cautious than most. Channeller and former member of the Black Tower, but he ran away during the initial stages of training after an incident with a bully. He doesn't know whether the Tower is still searching for him or not. Laeran has rudimentary control of weaves and is attempting to teach himself more complicated ones, but his favored weapon is a longbow. He keeps a dagger hidden in each boot for emergencies, and prefers to wear a leather jerkin over farmer's clothing for a small amount of protection. He also owns a wood pendant which he keeps on a cord around his neck, a parting gift from his childhood sweetheart from his home village, which he hasn't been back to in several years. 

I might be able to come up with an idea, though it'll take some time. 

Until then, how does this guy work?

Spoiler

Name: Shae Isha'Bekkar

Nationality: Saldea

Type: channeler

Description: 5'4", built as a runner, fairly thin with bright green eyes, chocolate brown hair and pale skin. Wears a brown hunters cloak with a light green shirt and doeskin trousers. Wears an iron ring on his left hand as the last memory of his mother.

Weaponry: knives and a longbow, highly skilled with both. He refuses to learn how to use anything else, due to his beliefs about himself.

History: Merrin was raised on the outskirts of a small village in saldea, son of a hunter and a midwife. Distrustful of channelers to an extreme, his parents raised him on the stories of the breaking of the world and the atrocities committed by channelers of both genders. 

By age five, he both hated and feared channelers of the one power, to the point where he'd run screaming if he saw one. Around age six, a fire caused by a stray bolt of lightning burned most of the village houses to the ground. Both his parents and and baby sister died, leaving him only his elder brother. 

Life continued and he lived life almost uneventfully for almost eight years. His brother taught him how to use both knives and a longbow, to deadly effect. A few months after his fifteenth birthday, however, his brother was burned to death while teaching Merrin to hunt, along with a rabid wolf that had been attacking them. 

Having seen the fire come from his palm, and having felt the power as he used it, he knew he was a channeler, the first of his blood to be so in centuries. He returned to his village in shame and renamed himself Shae Isha'Bekkar, using words from the old tongue he'd learned from his mothers stories. 

He now wanders around the woods for long periods of time, days or weeks, often, refusing to live as a human, forcing himself to suffer for the pain he believes he will unavoidably cause others. 

22 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I might be able to come up with an idea, though it'll take some time. 

Until then, how does this guy work?

Hide contents

Name: Shae Isha'Bekkar

Nationality: Saldea

Type: channeler

Description: 5'4", built as a runner, fairly thin with bright green eyes, chocolate brown hair and pale skin. Wears a brown hunters cloak with a light green shirt and doeskin trousers. Wears an iron ring on his left hand as the last memory of his mother.

Weaponry: knives and a longbow, highly skilled with both. He refuses to learn how to use anything else, due to his beliefs about himself.

History: Merrin was raised on the outskirts of a small village in saldea, son of a hunter and a midwife. Distrustful of channelers to an extreme, his parents raised him on the stories of the breaking of the world and the atrocities committed by channelers of both genders. 

By age five, he both hated and feared channelers of the one power, to the point where he'd run screaming if he saw one. Around age six, a fire caused by a stray bolt of lightning burned most of the village houses to the ground. Both his parents and and baby sister died, leaving him only his elder brother. 

Life continued and he lived life almost uneventfully for almost eight years. His brother taught him how to use both knives and a longbow, to deadly effect. A few months after his fifteenth birthday, however, his brother was burned to death while teaching Merrin to hunt, along with a rabid wolf that had been attacking them. 

Having seen the fire come from his palm, and having felt the power as he used it, he knew he was a channeler, the first of his blood to be so in centuries. He returned to his village in shame and renamed himself Shae Isha'Bekkar, using words from the old tongue he'd learned from his mothers stories. 

He now wanders around the woods for long periods of time, days or weeks, often, refusing to live as a human, forcing himself to suffer for the pain he believes he will unavoidably cause others. 

Just remember that Saidin has now been cleansed ;) 

I'll do that. When the Asha'man were mentioned, I went on a lorist research spiral. I even researched some of the old tongue, which is where Shae's name came from, as I said earlier.:D

I now know more about the WOT than I want to, having only read books 1-4 or so.:lol:

10 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I'll do that. When the Asha'man were mentioned, I went on a lorist research spiral. I even researched some of the old tongue, which is where Shae's name came from, as I said earlier.:D

I now know more about the WOT than I want to, having only read books 1-4 or so.:lol:

Now shoo! Go finish the series! It's worth doing :)

(Disclaimer, I note that some people find the writing not to their tastes, and that it is not incumbent upon you to enjoy that which I also enjoy. Nevertheless, I urge you to read through the series!)

Well, there's always the tried-and-true "You meed in a bar..." :P

In all seriousness, most of our characters seem to be nomads, and if we're meeting near the Blight, it makes sense that we've banded together on the road for protection during the journey to [wherever each character is going], and we get attacked by trollocs or something, with the plot kicking off from there.

Plot: It's several hundred years after Tarmon Gai'don. Moghedien has escaped being collared by the Seanchan, and Sammael was actually returned after his death-by-Mashadar, but ran and hid during Tarmon Gai'don. As the two last surviving Forsaken, they are working together to subvert the Dragon's Peace using a combination of trollocs in disguise and men with Compulsion laid on them. Their goal is for it to shatter and the nations to go to war, where they can mop up the pieces and rule over the survivors.

That's just one suggestion, of course--thoughts? Critiques? It's a bit cliche...

44 minutes ago, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

Well, there's always the tried-and-true "You meed in a bar..." :P

In all seriousness, most of our characters seem to be nomads, and if we're meeting near the Blight, it makes sense that we've banded together on the road for protection during the journey to [wherever each character is going], and we get attacked by trollocs or something, with the plot kicking off from there.

Plot: It's several hundred years after Tarmon Gai'don. Moghedien has escaped being collared by the Seanchan, and Sammael was actually returned after his death-by-Mashadar, but ran and hid during Tarmon Gai'don. As the two last surviving Forsaken, they are working together to subvert the Dragon's Peace using a combination of trollocs in disguise and men with Compulsion laid on them. Their goal is for it to shatter and the nations to go to war, where they can mop up the pieces and rule over the survivors.

That's just one suggestion, of course--thoughts? Critiques? It's a bit cliche...

It's better than what I have, in that it actually exists. I'm for it.