Suit

Zodiac

The entity could've meant three things:

1) Actual servitude as a cognitive shadow. Possible, but that means that there would've had to have been a source of investiture on hand to anchor Edwarn Ladrian. Strikes me as unlikely as generally speaking cognitive shadows can't do much. Although, since they are using hemalurgy he could act as a spy, free to move around then whisper to the minds of those with spikes and strong connections to him.

2) Actual afterlife, which I'm assuming you mean to be the Beyond. Practically no chance. Brandon has made it fairly clear that he's never dipping into the Beyond nor bringing characters back from it.

3) Metaphorically speaking, it could've been talking about how the religion of Trell did have a conceptual afterlife he could serve in. I don't know enough about Trellism to say for certain.

On 1/6/2017 at 6:25 PM, Patricksinger said:

Just a quick question. When the Kadra blew him up, did he mean that trell would allow him to serve as her cognitive shadow or did he just mean the actual afterlife?

I've always assumed he meant as a Cognitive Shadow.  After all, when he says "Serve in another realm," if he's talking realmantics, he means either cognitive or spiritual.  Cognitive seems more likely.

As to how we would be anchored---we don't know.  We do know, though, that it can happen in a relatively low-investiture environment, thanks to 

shades from Shadows of Silence in the Forests of Hell.

He had a fair amount of investiture already from hemalurgy, maybe not as much as Kelsier (he had fewer abilities and has probably used them less, meaning less investiture has seeped into his Spiritweb - though it's possible he was spiked a long time ago), but probably enough to stick around in the Cognitive a while. Though Harmony would be in no hurry to help out so it would presumably have to involve another Shard having enough of an influence on Scadrial that they can intervene in the Cognitive Realm there.

Spoiler

Harmony told Wax nothing of the sort so that seems doubtful.

I have wondered one other things. The metals of his spikes are reasonably resilient. Would they have survived the explosion? Could we have someone find them? Could be an interesting development.

Edited by Extesian

• Chaos locked this topic