lift and metabolizem

taveren

Okay. I get where we've been having problems. We've been discussing different issues. I haven't been talking about Lift using stormlight to maintain herself at any point; my only concern has been how she is obtaining that stormlight using sugars. As such, I guess I've just been interpreting everything you've said incorrectly. I guess we are on the same page since we both have little idea how she is obtaining the stormlight.

I had the idea that stormlight pretty much permeates everything to a degree. It's more apparent and easy to access from gem stones, but Lift somehow has the ability to get it from food. I.e. not so much altering food into stormlight as drawing that small bit that's infused in food.

Thinking about it though, it doesn't make much sense as the amount she'd take out would be negligible, and if the food itself wasn't being converted somehow, surely she wouldn't get hungry when her 'charge' of stormlight (for want of a better word) runs out. It was just the assumption that sprung to mind when I first read about her in the second novel.

Edited by Mardragon

37 minutes ago, Mardragon said:

I had the idea that stormlight pretty much permeates everything to a degree. It's more apparent and easy to access from gem stones, but Lift somehow has the ability to get it from food. I.e. not so much altering food into stormlight as drawing that small bit that's infused in food.

Thinking about it though, it doesn't make much sense as the amount she'd take out would be negligible, and if the food itself wasn't being converted somehow, surely she wouldn't get hungry when her 'charge' of stormlight (for want of a better word) runs out. It was just the assumption that sprung to mind when I first read about her in the second novel.

No, she's someone got a process whereby the sugars in the food she eats is lost and an equivalent amount of stormlight is gained, at some specific exchange rate of sugar to stormlight. 

• Chaos locked this topic