Cosmere fighting game

Sallin Zeras

So, I came up with this idea when I watched the Deadshot reveal for Injustice 2, which was pretty cool TBH, but now, moving on to the actual thing. So well, I watched Deadshot's move set with his guns and stuff, and thought: "It kind of resembles how Wax moves" and I thought about the idea of a Cosmere fighting game. I mean, that would be the coolest thing ever. I know this is not going to happen, but it would be awesome. You could have Dalinar VS. Hrathen, Kelsier VS. Marsh, Hoid VS. The Stick! The possiblilities would be endless! Let me know what you think about this random idea of mine, I would really appreciate it. Goodbye, ma frens! :)

1 hour ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

So, I came up with this idea when I watched the Deadshot reveal for Injustice 2, which was pretty cool TBH, but now, moving on to the actual thing. So well, I watched Deadshot's move set with his guns and stuff, and thought: "It kind of resembles how Wax moves" and I thought about the idea of a Cosmere fighting game. I mean, that would be the coolest thing ever. I know this is not going to happen, but it would be awesome. You could have Dalinar VS. Hrathen, Kelsier VS. Marsh, Hoid VS. The Stick! The possiblilities would be endless! Let me know what you think about this random idea of mine, I would really appreciate it. Goodbye, ma frens! :)

Hoid vs Stick sold me. I don't care what else is in the game, so long as there is a section that is Hoid vs Stick! I'd love to see a debate between them...

This would be a really cool idea, especially considering how many "who would win?" discussions this forum has seen.

Honestly, though, I love the concept! I'm wondering how the powers would be handled, though. Any Mistborn character would need, like, what? Sixteen buttons just to handle their powers? Or maybe just a few buttons for actions, with individual powers being implied as used?

33 minutes ago, Rasarr said:

This would be a really cool idea, especially considering how many "who would win?" discussions this forum has seen.

Honestly, though, I love the concept! I'm wondering how the powers would be handled, though. Any Mistborn character would need, like, what? Sixteen buttons just to handle their powers? Or maybe just a few buttons for actions, with individual powers being implied as used?

I only thought about a few characters with the move sets. I thought it would be really cool if Wax could do something like shoot a bullet in the ground and then fly upwards to punch whoever is in the air. Or he could do something to temporarily dodge proyectiles with his Steel bubble. The Stick could tell you "I am a Stick" until you die. Vasher could throw you a piece of rope to tie you, or he could temporarily unsheathe Nightblood, which would make him lose health but would multiply the damage he does.

7 hours ago, Rasarr said:

This might be easier than first thought. I have thought about this as well, so I already have some basic ideas. For characters such as Mistborn, the main ones such as Kelsier and Vin did not have access to all sixteen metals, so we can ignore bendalloy, cadmium, nicrosil, and chromium for now. Next we would eliminate the less combat oriented powers such as Soothing/rioting, Coppercloud, Bronze, Aluminum, and Gold. Finally, you would have a list a powers/metals that could be used: Steel, iron, pewter, tin, electrum, atium, and duralumin. Tin and pewter may be simply assumed, but for now we'll leave it. From there you would just assign pushing and pulling to different buttons and then assign a couple attacks. These could then be mixed together in a series of combos. For the "special" metals such as electrum, atium, and duralumin, these could be activated with special combinations of moves and would wear off and need to recharge for a second use. Finally, in order to fully showcase each character's skills and abilities, you could have finishing moves that would consist of something unique to the character.

Mistborn Spook had access to all 16 metals, so you would have to incorporate more special combos into the character. It's highly probable that you would leave out cadmium though, unless you wanted to have him use bendalloy and cadmium in conjunction.

Edited by Faceless Mist-Wraith

2 hours ago, Faceless Mist-Wraith said:

This might be easier than first thought. I have thought about this as well, so I already have some basic ideas. For characters such as Mistborn, the main ones such as Kelsier and Vin did not have access to all sixteen metals, so we can ignore bendalloy, cadmium, nicrosil, and chromium for now. Next we would eliminate the less combat oriented powers such as Soothing/rioting, Coppercloud, Bronze, Aluminum, and Gold. Finally, you would have a list a powers/metals that could be used: Steel, iron, pewter, tin, electrum, atium, and duralumin. Tin and pewter may be simply assumed, but for now we'll leave it. From there you would just assign pushing and pulling to different buttons and then assign a couple attacks. These could then be mixed together in a series of combos. For the "special" metals such as electrum, atium, and duralumin, these could be activated with special combinations of moves and would wear off and need to recharge for a second use. Finally, in order to fully showcase each character's skills and abilities, you could have finishing moves that would consist something unique to the character.

Mistborn Spook had access to all 16 metals, so you would have to incorporate more special combos into the character. It's highly probable that you would leave out cadmium though, unless you wanted to have him use bendalloy and cadmium in conjunction.

I would love to have Szeth just jumping and rolling across the whole stage. That would be awesome. 

Some Mistborn could use pewter to reduce damage or something like that. Atium could be a parry, Duralumin would increase the damage of your next ability, Electrum would make your next attacks unblockable and undodgeable, with Steel, characters could launch coins, with Iron, you could pull your enemy towards you. 2 Era characters like Wayne could make a Bendalloy bubble, kind of what The Flash did in Injustice.

A Cosmere game with a Dynasty Warriors style would be cool too. I had this idea like two years ago when I read TWoA, specifically the Siege of Luthadel chapters. This also happened with both of the two big battles at the end of each Stormlight book.

A Mistborn open world game would be fantastic. Just imagine, you could play through both eras and go back and forth between them. If you want to explore Luthadel, you go the the 1st Era, you want to explore The Elendel Basin, go to the 2nd Era. I imagine this in my head whenever Wax, Kelsier, Vin, or any other character capable of "flying" explored the city.

1 hour ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

Some Mistborn could use pewter to reduce damage or something like that. Atium could be a parry, Duralumin would increase the damage of your next ability, Electrum would make your next attacks unblockable and undodgeable, with Steel, characters could launch coins, with Iron, you could pull your enemy towards you. 2 Era characters like Wayne could make a Bendalloy bubble, kind of what The Flash did in Injustice.

Electrum and Atium would likely be switched, since Atium makes you a killing machine and Electrum is more useful as a defense. In my head, I imagine a person doing a specific combo to activate Electrum, at which point they would automatically dodge or counter attacks. You would then have to wait for the ability to recharge before you could use it again.

The best software to do what is being described here is called M.U.G.E.N. It is a software that is currently free-to-download and designed for making 2D fighting games. The downside is that it requires knowing both DOS and pixel animation. If anyone is serious about what you are describing, it'd be best to try and recruit a team of such people from the whole of the Shard.

As someone with (mild) experience in such things, I will say it'd be best to have at least a six-man team and a willingness to put in several hours a week working on such a project. It is quite feasible, assuming that Brandon (or the company who currently possesses the Cosmere game rights) doesn't fire off the dreaded cease-and-desist.

Edited by aeromancer

Could we get an equippable for Allomancers? Such as equipping steel allows for ranged attacks and and "ultimate" range blocker. Or electrum giving increased defense, and getting an ultimate that was a full blocker. Pewter with strength and one massive blast, and etc.

that would be pretty heckin lit

1 hour ago, aeromancer said:

The best software to do what is being described here is called M.U.G.E.N. It is a software that is currently free-to-download and designed for making 2D fighting games. The downside is that it requires knowing both DOS and pixel animation. If anyone is serious about what you are describing, it'd be best to try and recruit a team of such people from the whole of the Shard.

As someone with (mild) experience in such things, I will say it'd be best to have at least a six-man team and a willingness to put in several hours a week working on such a project. It is quite feasible, assuming that Brandon (or the company who currently possesses the Cosmere game rights) doesn't fire off the dreaded cease-and-desist.

I don't have much experience in programming in animation. This sounds like an interesting idea though, so I would try to help where I can. Do you know where I could learn DOS? Also, do you know how we could go about contacting people from the Shard with the right skills?

Someone could always ask Brandon if this is okay, but as for the game rights I believe they reverted to Brandon after Mistborn: Birthright fell apart.

1 hour ago, Faceless Mist-Wraith said:

I don't have much experience in programming in animation. This sounds like an interesting idea though, so I would try to help where I can. Do you know where I could learn DOS? Also, do you know how we could go about contacting people from the Shard with the right skills?

The important thing with M.U.G.E.N is animation skills more than anything. The easiest way to make characters is to modify existing ones, and the programming knowledge required for that is just knowing what directory is what. It'll take maybe two hours to learn the process of inputting characters (i would think), the hard part is creating them in the first place. The impossible part is achieving perfect balance.

As to where in the Shard to recruit? This thread isn't a bad location if you're serious, but what I would recommend to anyone doing this is to spend a month or two learning the basics and create a 'test build'. Show it off, and then ask for help. It proves that you're serious.

And if you're wondering, I'm OK at pixel art, decent at programming in general. If I was convinced that there'd be a dedicated group, I'd gladly lend my services, such as they are.

In terms of legal issues ... well, this gets into the 'interesting' side of things. The rule of thumb that fan-games like this operating on is that they use their own assets and make no profit. Especially considering that this is a small game just proving the dedication of a loyal fan base, it's unlikely Brandon would protest. Still, it'd be best to ask for his permission first, but also after a 'test build' is done, for the same reason as above.

• Chaos locked this topic