[Edgedancer Spoilers] Afterimages

PallonianFire

Don't know of anyone has seen or mentioned this, but here's something I wasn't expecting while reading WoK again. Kaladin is first meeting Syl in the slave cage:

Although she glowed like an afterimage from looking at the sun, her form provided no real illumination.

Curiouser and curiouser.

7 minutes ago, Garglemesh said:

Don't know of anyone has seen or mentioned this, but here's something I wasn't expecting while reading WoK again. Kaladin is first meeting Syl in the slave cage:

I think that's reading too much into it. I believe this description is just Brandon describing her as a silhouette of light that doesn't actually glow.

4 hours ago, Argent said:

I think that's reading too much into it. I believe this description is just Brandon describing her as a silhouette of light that doesn't actually glow.

True, and now I've seen the WoB that have narrowed down their meaning. However, there's may be something to this moment and that of Jasnah's appearance at the end of WoR in that they both have afterimages and both involve people or events that are closely tied to the cognitive realm. 

7 hours ago, Garglemesh said:

True, and now I've seen the WoB that have narrowed down their meaning. However, there's may be something to this moment and that of Jasnah's appearance at the end of WoR in that they both have afterimages and both involve people or events that are closely tied to the cognitive realm. 

I am just as convinced that's just a way of describing the visual effects of Jasnah's portal :)

On 23/11/2016 at 6:44 PM, dendrophobe said:

It could be a combination of the two. Only Lift can see it, but it is in fact caused by Nightblood.  We've never seen what effect Nightblood has in the Cognitive Realm, so this could fit.

We've never seen what surges Nightblood offers with a Nahel Bond either. Since we've never seen him anywhere one happens before he was given to Szeth.

41 minutes ago, Dahak said:

We've never seen what surges Nightblood offers with a Nahel Bond either. Since we've never seen him anywhere one happens before he was given to Szeth.

Nightblood might not have made a Nahel Bond yet, and if it has, it may not even grant surgebinding powers. It would be interesting to see exactly what powers Szeth does gain as a result of being bonded to Nightblood on Roshar. Hopefully more in Oathbringer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10-12-2016 at 9:43 PM, Spoolofwhool said:

Nightblood might not have made a Nahel Bond yet, and if it has, it may not even grant surgebinding powers. It would be interesting to see exactly what powers Szeth does gain as a result of being bonded to Nightblood on Roshar. Hopefully more in Oathbringer.

From how the Skybreakers look at him when he's not following them into the air seems to indicate that they know or assume that he can fly, too...

Edited by Sarevok

• Chaos locked this topic