Found him! [Edgedancer spoilers?]

skaa

10 hours ago, Weltall said:

Word of Brandon is that there was a pool there.

If you mean this quote:

Mistborn spoilers, emphasis mine:

CHAOS

Does Ruin have a pool, similar to Preservation's pool with the Well of Ascension and Skai's pool in Elantris?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes. His pool is the pits.

To me this means that the pits with the Atium beads was functionally his shardpool, not that it was an actually watery pool.

11 minutes ago, Sarevok said:

If you mean this quote:

Reveal hidden contents

CHAOS

Does Ruin have a pool, similar to Preservation's pool with the Well of Ascension and Skai's pool in Elantris?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes. His pool is the pits.

To me this means that the pits with the Atium beads was functionally his shardpool, not that it was an actually watery pool.

That was the quote but there are more. This one for example specifically uses the term 'well' implying liquid reservoirs of some sort.

15 hours ago, Weltall said:

That was the quote but there are more. This one for example specifically uses the term 'well' implying liquid reservoirs of some sort.

The "small wells" Brandon mentions in that quote could be a reference to the small geodes of Atium that formed in the pits. Each geodes could have been a "small well" eh? 

Either way, I think it is pretty clear that the Pits are quite different from the other "Shardpools" we have seen. 

On 12/11/2016 at 2:11 PM, CaptainRyan said:

The "small wells" Brandon mentions in that quote could be a reference to the small geodes of Atium that formed in the pits. Each geodes could have been a "small well" eh? 

Either way, I think it is pretty clear that the Pits are quite different from the other "Shardpools" we have seen. 

Third time's the charm then? When asked about the dark lake in Alendi's journal, Brandon said that it's similar to the Well of Ascension and was a manifestation of Ruin's consciousness. And that it still existed in Vin's era but was moved underground. From context the 'other manifestation' he talks about pretty much has to be the pool seen in Elantris. So there seem to be two things at work here, the geodes that produce atium and the liquid pool and they're both implied to be in the same area. Not too surprising given that the lerasium beads were found in proximity to the Well of Ascension.

http://twg.17thshard.com/index.php?topic=6655.msg129235#msg129235

Wow, I did NOT catch that :D I need to hone my Hoid-finding skills!

But WHY would he get himself eaten? There is the "Hoid sense" people mentioned earlier, but...

I mean, it's a pretty mean thing to do. Lift was evidently pretty emotionally scarred by the event, thinking he died...

3 hours ago, bleeder said:

I wonder what being swallowed by a Marabethian Greatshell feels like.

Depends.  How much did it need to chew?

5 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

But would the greatshell's gut be unsettled?

Depends.  Is its ability to withstand Wit's personality and respond to mockery as delicate as an Alethi Highprince?  They seem to have fairly delicate guts, and they have not yet tried to eat him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 0:41 AM, WEZ313 said:

I thought that was Axies?

May I ask why you think so? The white hair and mischievous nature both point to Hoid. What made you think of Axies?

9 hours ago, skaa said:

May I ask why you think so? The white hair and mischievous nature both point to Hoid. What made you think of Axies?

I guess there are interesting spren inside greatshells?

But everything points to Hoid, especially since he made comments about art.

@skaaHaha i suppose it does point to Hoid, i cant remember what made me think of Axies if im being honest? :blink:

On 12/14/2016 at 3:48 PM, Stark said:

Depends.  Is its ability to withstand Wit's personality and respond to mockery as delicate as an Alethi Highprince?  They seem to have fairly delicate guts, and they have not yet tried to eat him.

Maybe Wits personality is why it tried to eat him?

• Chaos locked this topic