StEC General Chat Thread

KChan

Ooo, that reminds me. In terms of the 'human' race, what's the convention with Xaneth and Xanethi? I noticed both were used. I spoke to Jess a bit, and our guess was that Xanethi would be the plural form of Xaneth, but I'm not sure. Clarification please?

Ooo, that reminds me. In terms of the 'human' race, what's the convention with Xaneth and Xanethi? I noticed both were used. I spoke to Jess a bit, and our guess was that Xanethi would be the plural form of Xaneth, but I'm not sure. Clarification please?

On Alteiryn, Humans are the Xanethi, plural of Xaneth, because of the Great Xanethi Empire 500 years ago.

Oh man, this continent I'm making is awesome. I've been talking a lot with Mosh about the history and stuff... a lot of the Xanethi history doesn't apply.

So, there is a race of sapient automatons. You should be scared of the Veresi military.

Oh man, this continent I'm making is awesome. I've been talking a lot with Mosh about the history and stuff... a lot of the Xanethi history doesn't apply.

So, there is a race of sapient automatons. You should be scared of the Veresi military.

um, isn't automation taboo?

um, isn't automation taboo?

Yeah, that's what I had to ask Mosh about, but as it turns out, this continent was completely independent of the Xan and those developments. So it's forbidden on Alteiryn, but this continent is far across the sea. So that should horrify the Alteirans quite nicely.

Yeah, that's what I had to ask Mosh about, but as it turns out, this continent was completely independent of the Xan and those developments. So it's forbidden on Alteiryn, but this continent is far across the sea. So that should horrify the Alteirans quite nicely.

that would be quite funny to see

Nice to meet you! Love the character. And, since they are both in the southeastern portion of the continent, it's interesting that we have two neutral and fairly communal province/countries in the same area. Between what they have in common and the many differences, it will be interesting to see how the Leyari and the Myrullat interact.

Oh, I'm Matt by the way, haha. And I play Sayuri.

Nice to meet you! Love the character. And, since they are both in the southeastern portion of the continent, it's interesting that we have two neutral and fairly communal province/countries in the same area. Between what they have in common and the many differences, it will be interesting to see how the Leyari and the Myrullat interact.

Oh, I'm Matt by the way, haha. And I play Sayuri.

Good to meet you both Chaos and Matt.

And yes! Haha. I just finished reading Sayruri's profile and had not realized how similar our cultures came out to be. What is it about the southern points of a country that make it so community oriented? Hummm...intriguing.

I must say, I love the Leyari and Madame Sayuri. It's so freaking elegant. Almost the complete inverse of that previous statement. But yes, I do look forward to seeing how the cultures interact once they meet.

MADAME!!! Of course! I've been looking for an honorific for her, and master sounded too masculine. Don't get me wrong, Master works okay, but I think Madame works really well. My only concern is it sounds a little out-of-setting (probably the french-ness, haha). Do you think it works in world Mosh? If so, I have some minor edits to do to my post.

EDIT:

The Leya encyclodpedia entry is done! Let me know if I missed anything, if something doesn't make sense to you, or if there is a problem that needs to be changed. Even if it's just a grammatical mistake, it's nice to know.

MADAME!!! Of course! I've been looking for an honorific for her, and master sounded too masculine. Don't get me wrong, Master works okay, but I think Madame works really well. My only concern is it sounds a little out-of-setting (probably the french-ness, haha). Do you think it works in world Mosh? If so, I have some minor edits to do to my post.

EDIT:

The Leya encyclodpedia entry is done! Let me know if I missed anything, if something doesn't make sense to you, or if there is a problem that needs to be changed. Even if it's just a grammatical mistake, it's nice to know.

Thank ya Jess! :D

Nya, I think the Master fits in this sense. Mistress or Madame are better reserved for women of less repute than your Sayuri. Quite a lot less by my estimate.

Oooo...encyclopedia. I like the idea of the encyclopedia.

Annnd now a note on my boredom at work: I drew a map of the Stenmalkk Swamps. With colored pencils. Wooooo. *headdesk*

Oooo, that's sweet. I've been wanting to do one of the Leya as well.

I thought the same about Mistress when discussing it with KChan and Mosh last night, but Madame seemed a little more respectable to me. However, it doesn't seem very academic when I think about it more, so not sure if it fits after all. I'll keep thinking, haha.