Wit

SamM

Question

13 answers to this question

Mistborn: The Final Empire - He shows up as an informant that Kelsier speaks to, he tells Kelsier about the "connection" between Houses Renoux and Venture. He is named as Hoid.

Mistborn: The Well of Ascension - He is the leader of the Terris refugees that Elend meets up with near the end. He is unnamed.

Mistborn: The Hero of Ages - He is an informant that Vin is supposed to meet with in Fadrex City but she gets a "bad vibe" (which gets explained in Secret History) and decides not to. He is named as Hoid.

Hoid's Coppermind page also lists all of his appearances.

50 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Isn't it even said in Brandon's introduction to the story? I vaguely remember him talking about somebody else choosing a name for planet/story?

Maybe. Don't have a copy so I can't confirm. I believe so though. I remember reading somewhere that he said that Hoid was busy somewhere else at the time, and it wasn't in the WoBs on Theoryland so I guess it was in the intro.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:50 AM, AnanasSpren said:

We know he doesn't appear physically in the book on Threnody but theory has merit that he has visited before given what we know of his character and his tendency to be involved (I'm thinking the cloudy events to Threnody's beginnings

Right. That's my real question. Brandon just said he wasn't in the novella, NOT that Hoid has never treaded Threnody. I'm going to theorize that if Threnody has had anything important happening there (which there is a TON of stuff that could be useful in the cosmere such as silver, shades, the white fox, etc) then he would be present. Brandon just stated that there was no reason for Hoid to be on Threnody DURING the short story, but before or after is unknown.