It likes riddles, praps it does, does it?

Pretty sure that's a candle.

Okay, I got another... math/geometry related one. Don't worry, nothing too complicated.

What you have: a cow, three stakes, a metal ring (let's say size is half of a hand), and rope of length of 40 units.

Your job is to make the cow eat grass only in half a circle with radius = 10 units. How do you do it? Ignore the length of the rope wasted on the knots and so on.

6 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Pretty sure that's a candle.

Okay, I got another... math/geometry related one. Don't worry, nothing too complicated.

What you have: a cow, three stakes, a metal ring (let's say size is half of a hand), and rope of length of 40 units.

Your job is to make the cow eat grass only in half a circle with radius = 10 units. How do you do it? Ignore the length of the rope wasted on the knots and so on.

Lets see. place one stake in the middle, with the ring attached. Then add the length of rope which you connect to another stake 10 units away, then attach the rope to the cow 10 units away. The use the last stake to threaten the cow with death should it move out of the half circle.

Anyway, the answer to my old one:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I don't know either

5 hours ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

Lets see. place one stake in the middle, with the ring attached. Then add the length of rope which you connect to another stake 10 units away, then attach the rope to the cow 10 units away. The use the last stake to threaten the cow with death should it move out of the half circle.

... I don't quite understand your solution (a reference picture would be helpful) but I'm pretty sure that solution that includes threatening the cow is not the right one :P

Couldn't you just put down two stakes twenty units apart with rope between them, to stop the cow from crossing, and then put a stake in the middle and tie the cow to it with a ten units long rope? That only uses 30 units and no ring though, so I feel like it's an unintended answer.

Ok, I think I have it. Instead of using the rope itself as the border, you place it ten units away, and put the ring on the rope. Then you connect the cow to that ring with a ten unit rope (and still have it connected to the stake that was in the middle before). That uses all materials, and I guess there's no risk that the cow sneaks under the rope.

Edited by Eki

13 hours ago, Eki said:

Instead of using the rope itself as the border, you place it ten units away, and put the ring on the rope. Then you connect the cow to that ring with a ten unit rope (and still have it connected to the stake that was in the middle before).

That's right! It's a solution that manages itself unlike threatening the cow with stakes :P@Dankness Ascendant

11 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

A boomerang?

This is actually the real answer; not all boomerangs are designed to return. But it's not the riddle answer!

13 hours ago, mattig89ch said:

a Stick?

THIS is the riddle answer! I must have missed your post when I checked back earlier.

(This went together with the "riddle" I posted on the previous page, by the way)

Just now, Eki said:

This is actually the real answer; not all boomerangs are designed to return. But it's not the riddle answer!

THIS is the riddle answer! I must have missed your post when I checked back earlier.

(This went together with the "riddle" I posted on the previous page, by the way)

*applause* 

Okay I got one. May I?