It likes riddles, praps it does, does it?

2 minutes ago, Djarskublar said:

Why, @The Invested Beard of course! I can't figure this one, and I don't know any more riddles, so I'll pass on a real answer.

Err, A barber.

The Pope has it but he does not use it. Your father has it but your mother uses it. Nuns do not need it. Your sister's husband has it and she uses it. What is it?

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

The Pope has it but he does not use it. Your father has it but your mother uses it. Nuns do not need it. Your sister's husband has it and she uses it. What is it?

I already knew this one. You forgot 'Arnold Schwarzenegger has a long one.'

The answer, of course, is a surname.

Alright, try this one...

100 perfect logicians are in a room. They can all see each other, but not themselves. They are not aloud to talk to one another. There is no way to cheat. They are told that at least one of them has their forehead painted blue. The lights are left on for a time, then they are turned off. When the lights are turned off, anyone who has realized they have a blue forehead must walk out. The lights are then turned on again, and the process repeats.
If they all have blue foreheads and infallible powers of logic, what will happen?
(There's actually two answers for this one, but one of them is sort of a trick answer.)

Edited by The True Survivor

1 hour ago, mattig89ch said:

I'm not sure how crass we can be here.  So...male genetalia?

I don't have another riddle, so someone else has to go.

Haha XD. It's a surname

8 minutes ago, The True Survivor said:

I already knew this one. You forgot 'Arnold Schwarzenegger has a long one.'

The answer, of course, is a surname.

Alright, try this one...

100 perfect logicians are in a room. They can all see each other, but not themselves. They are not aloud to talk to one another. There is no way to cheat. They are told that at least one of them has their forehead painted blue. The lights are left on for a time, then they are turned off. When the lights are turned off, anyone who has realized they have a blue forehead must walk out. The lights are then turned on again, and the process repeats.
If they all have blue foreheads and infallible powers of logic, what will happen?
(There's actually two answers for this one, but one of them is sort of a trick answer.)

Oh yeah, that, but it would have gave it away.

As for your riddle. They all leave on the 100th night? or do they stay there forever?

A beggar's brother died, but the man who died had no brother. How could that be?

8 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

They all leave on the 100th night?

I have to think about it a bit more, but I think that's about right. What's your reasoning?

Bonus points if you can find the half-trick answer.

8 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

A beggar's brother died, but the man who died had no brother. How could that be?

The beggar was female.

Now, another one. There are ten people in a room. Nine are 'togglers' - they will switch between telling lies and telling the truth, and vise versa with every statement. The other person tells the truth all of the time. You may ask two questions to anyone in the room, or a question to two people, in order to determine who is the truth-teller. How do you set about your investigation?

59 minutes ago, The True Survivor said:

I have to think about it a bit more, but I think that's about right. What's your reasoning?

Bonus points if you can find the half-trick answer.

The beggar was female. Correct

Now, another one. There are ten people in a room. Nine are 'togglers' - they will switch between telling lies and telling the truth, and vise versa with every statement. The other person tells the truth all of the time. You may ask two questions to anyone in the room, or a question to two people, in order to determine who is the truth-teller. How do you set about your investigation?

Since everyone knows that everyone can see at least one blue, everyone knows that (everyone else knows) nobody will leave the first night. Therefore, (it is an open fact) no information is gained by each person after the first night. Any remaining nights must be the same, so nobody will ever know for sure if they are blue or not.

Ok, for your riddle. Ask two questions to one person in the room. If they lied the first time, they will tell the truth the second. If they tell the truth both times then you know you have found the truth-teller. This one's from Sherlock Holmes am I right? I can't remember

My riddle- What flies without wings?

4 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Since everyone knows that everyone can see at least one blue, everyone knows that (everyone else knows) nobody will leave the first night. Therefore, (it is an open fact) no information is gained by each person after the first night. Any remaining nights must be the same, so nobody will ever know for sure if they are blue or not.

Ok, for your riddle. Ask two questions to one person in the room. If they lied the first time, they will tell the truth the second. If they tell the truth both times then you know you have found the truth-teller. This one's from Sherlock Holmes am I right? I can't remember

My riddle- What flies without wings?

Wrong for the first, I'm afraid. For the second, you're on the right track, but you need to be more specific with your questions.

Everyone knows that time flies. The other answers are Helicopters, Iron/Steel Mistings, Mistborn, Windrunners, and Bondsmiths.

Oh, I have to say what the questions are. Oh ok. 

Ask one person in the room two questions "are you telling the truth" If they say yes, they are telling the truth. If they say "no" they are telling the truth. The subsequent paradox will rip a whole in temporal reality and you will find yourself in a parallel dimension.

20 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Oh, I have to say what the questions are. Oh ok. 

Ask one person in the room two questions "are you telling the truth" If they say yes, they are telling the truth. If they say "no" they are telling the truth. The subsequent paradox will rip a whole in temporal reality and you will find yourself in a parallel dimension.

Nope, sorry. Whole temporal realities are hard to come by these days

Anyway, no-one's answered either of my riddles.

So, another one for you fellers:

What starts it's life pink, becomes blue in the middle, and then goes brown at the end. (This one's very tricky; if it hasn't been guessed in a couple of days, I'll reveal the answer to y'all. You will probably be very angry with me.)

What starts it's life pink, becomes blue in the middle, and then goes brown at the end. (This one's very tricky; if it hasn't been guessed in a couple of days, I'll reveal the answer to y'all. You will probably be very angry with me.)

A suffocating baby? (Sorry for the gruesomeness, I was trying to think of something I wouldn't normally guess since you made it seem like it's difficult)

"Do you always tell the truth?"

If they say yes, I ask "Who in the room tells the truth?"

If they say no, I ask "Who in the room doesn't always tell the truth?"

Explanation:

If they say they always tell the truth, there are 2 possibilities.

1. They're the truth teller, and the second question they will answer "me"

2. They're a toggler who lied, and therefore is toggled to truth and will honestly answer who is the truth teller.

If they say they don't, they're a toggler who is now toggled to lying. Therefore, they'll lie about who doesn't always tell the truth by naming the truth teller

Edited by Bugsy6912

4 hours ago, Bugsy6912 said:

"Do you always tell the truth?"

If they say yes, I ask "Who in the room tells the truth?"

If they say no, I ask "Who in the room doesn't always tell the truth?"

Explanation:

Reveal hidden contents

If they say they always tell the truth, there are 2 possibilities.

1. They're the truth teller, and the second question they will answer "me"

2. They're a toggler who lied, and therefore is toggled to truth and will honestly answer who is the truth teller.

If they say they don't, they're a toggler who is now toggled to lying. Therefore, they'll lie about who doesn't always tell the truth by naming the truth teller

A suffocating baby? (Sorry for the gruesomeness, I was trying to think of something I wouldn't normally guess since you made it seem like it's difficult)

Well done. Now try one of the others.

26 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

I tried the Red->Blue->Brown one in the spoiler, because formatting broke on my iPad. I'll try to fix that

Sorry, wrong. You're thinking on the wrong lines, I'm afraid. Pretending I'm Alcatraz might help.