Weird Things That Happen To Me, Presented For Your Entertainment

soyperson

4 minutes ago, bleeder said:

I live in the American South (though not by choice), so it gets up in the hundreds

4 minutes ago, Eccentric Hero said:

Same geographical region as bleeder. 96F (36C) average high in July and August.

Hm. That's actually pleasant by my standards XD It once got up to 140F in the summer here 

This is pretty new....This morning I was in the underground. I get off the Vehicle (it was my stop) and a voice behid yelled "NOOOOO, I LOVE YOU!"...when I tuned down, there a girl staring at me.

I remained exactly "O.O" and I saw her go away when the vehicle started again....It was really weird, strange things happen in the underground but this is new :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, Yata said:

This is pretty new....This morning I was in the underground. I get off the Vehicle (it was my stop) and a voice behid yelled "NOOOOO, I LOVE YOU!"...when I tuned down, there a girl staring at me.

I remained exactly "O.O" and I saw her go away when the vehicle started again....It was really weird, strange things happen in the underground but this is new :ph34r:

That's... Special

2 hours ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Hm. That's actually pleasant by my standards XD It once got up to 140F in the summer here 

You are a stick. And you are on fire.

1 hour ago, Yata said:

I am imagining your cartoonized self going through this. Maybe she said that because she saw you browsing 17thShard on your phone. One can resist a Sharder. :P

9 hours ago, Eccentric Hero said:

You are a stick. And you are on fire.

I am imagining your cartoonized self going through this. Maybe she said that because she saw you browsing 17thShard on your phone. One can resist a Sharder. :P

Yeah of course. I didn't considerate that hypotesis...It's really probably I was browsing the forum, with my timezone, a lot of post comes while I am sleeping and in the morning I recover them...like now :D

So, I love music; I sing and play guitar and piano and ukulele and a bunch of other stuff. 

I'm also in my school chorus, and we're doing a weird 3/4 time a capella arrangement of The Beatles' "With a Little Help From My Friends"

In the song, there's a few solos we can try out for, including a short one in which you go "I need someone to love" and then some ad libs, and I tried out.

Apparently, I totally belted it out and astounded the director and all the other choir students. 

People like me now! No one liked me in middle school, and people like me now! Whoa!

I'm happy but confused and unsure how to respond to all the undue attention.

But y'know. 

Just roll with the punches.

OK, so, if you guys ever need to look at photographs of a visually stunning man for any or no particular reason, look up Wylie Gelber. 

He is the bassist for Dawes. I met him once, after a show. I got a picture with him and everything.

He is a phenomenal bass player, and not a bad looking dude. (Also, really tall. I'm 5'10" and he had to bend down to get in the photo. Also really thin, built like yours truly.)

The man builds his own instruments in his garage. After the show, I asked him "So, Wylie, where'd you get your bass? What kind is it?" and he said, completely nonchalant, "Oh, I made it in my garage." He also made the lead singer/guitarist's pedalboard.

I don't usually go on tirades about people but this guy is epic.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled whatever-else-you-were-doing-before-you-read-this.

13 hours ago, bleeder said:

OK, so, if you guys ever need to look at photographs of a visually stunning man for any or no particular reason, look up Wylie Gelber. 

He is the bassist for Dawes. I met him once, after a show. I got a picture with him and everything.

He is a phenomenal bass player, and not a bad looking dude. (Also, really tall. I'm 5'10" and he had to bend down to get in the photo. Also really thin, built like yours truly.)

The man builds his own instruments in his garage. After the show, I asked him "So, Wylie, where'd you get your bass? What kind is it?" and he said, completely nonchalant, "Oh, I made it in my garage." He also made the lead singer/guitarist's pedalboard.

I don't usually go on tirades about people but this guy is epic.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled whatever-else-you-were-doing-before-you-read-this.

My brother made one of his guitars. He also makes a lot of his own pedals and stuff. Apparently it's cheaper that way. :P

AKA my brother has too much time on his hands

18 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

My brother made one of his guitars. He also makes a lot of his own pedals and stuff. Apparently it's cheaper that way. :P

AKA my brother has too much time on his hands

That's so cool.

Sigh 

I wish I had money.

Edited by bleeder

So, I get out of the shower today, I towel off, get dressed, and look into the mirror to try to fix my hair (which is always a struggle after showers and stuff) and I end up staring at myself for 10 minutes contemplating the nature of reality, what is existence, and if I am real. 

Sigh

Spoiler

help.jpg

Edited by bleeder

2 hours ago, bleeder said:

So, I get out of the shower today, I towel off, get dressed, and look into the mirror to try to fix my hair (which is always a struggle after showers and stuff) and I end up staring at myself for 10 minutes contemplating the nature of reality, what is existence, and if I am real. 

Sigh

Hide contents

help.jpg

You are now in manual breathing mode :P

6 hours ago, Mestiv said:

You are now in manual breathing mode :P

This is horribly off-topic, but when I was younger (say, kindergarten) I thought you had to manually breathe or you would die. Whenever I caught myself not thinking about breathing, I'd freak out.

I was a special child.

6 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

@Mistrunner apparently it is impossible to voluntarily hold your breath to death because you'll pass out and then your body will automatically start breathing again once your conscious mind is no longer telling it not to. 

Whoa 

Survival instinct for the win

Edited by bleeder

• Chaos locked this topic