Just a fan

william.sexton3

Hey guys,

I got hooked on Brandon Sanderson's books while going through the Wheel of Time series (and personally, I thought that Brandon's book were better than the amazing Robert Jordan's). I have read the Mistborn (Mistborn, W&W, and the Secret Histories) series, Elantris, and Steelheart. I plan on reading all of Brandon's other books, but I have just not made it there yet. This forum has been really helpful in understanding so much, so thanks to all who have contributed. I look forward to reading the other books, and getting to know the characters that Sanderson writes!

Blessings,

Will Sexton

Edited by william.sexton3

Welcome to the forums! Always nice to have a new face around! Here, have an upvote :) 

Do you know what the cosmere is? Because if not, you might find it interesting, but I wouldn't reccomend crawling the forums for cosmere info until you've read the Stormlight Achive. As for the next Sanderson work you read, I'd reccomend Emperor's Soul. It's a great novella, and it's short enough that you don't have to commit to reading it for a long period of time (I finished it in one night, but I read abnormally quickly). 

Oh, and if someone offers you cookies, don't take them (they're spiky...) :P 

Edited by Bugsy6912

33 minutes ago, Straw said:

Our cookies are not spiky!

Hmmm... I don't know about that. They may not be spiky, but they might be spike-y

*Her alter ego chimes in* You don't know that...

Leave me alone for once! I'm trying to welcome this new member!

Yes, and warn them of the cookies. You're supposed to offer them!

I didn't join the Dark Alley, so I can warn if I want!

But tha--

Enough! 
Welcome william.sexton3! I'm glad you like Brandon, have an upvote!

Or a cookie!

31 minutes ago, KnightRadiant said:

Hmmm... I don't know about that. They may not be spiky, but they might be spike-y

*Her alter ego chimes in* You don't know that...

Leave me alone for once! I'm trying to welcome this new member!

Yes, and warn them of the cookies. You're supposed to offer them!

I didn't join the Dark Alley, so I can warn if I want!

But tha--

Enough! 
Welcome william.sexton3! I'm glad you like Brandon, have an upvote!

Or a cookie!

That's kind of...creepy, but, welcome to the shard, william.sexton3

On 8/11/2016 at 11:53 AM, Bugsy6912 said:

Welcome to the forums! Always nice to have a new face around! Here, have an upvote :) 

Do you know what the cosmere is? Because if not, you might find it interesting, but I wouldn't reccomend crawling the forums for cosmere info until you've read the Stormlight Achive. As for the next Sanderson work you read, I'd reccomend Emperor's Soul. It's a great novella, and it's short enough that you don't have to commit to reading it for a long period of time (I finished it in one night, but I read abnormally quickly). 

Oh, and if someone offers you cookies, don't take them (they're spiky...) :P 

I was thinking about the Stormlight archive. I am just worried that I am going to be hooked and waiting for ages for the next 8 books to come out. :)

I do know what Cosmere is! I have read the Secret Histories and I think that I have a pretty good grasp on how Brandon has ordered things (of course there are still many unanswered things, which I am practically dying to know, but that is part of Mr. Sanderson's genius!). I think that Emperor's Soul is on Sel, right? That will probably answer a few questions that I have from Secret Histories, hopefully.

Thanks for the suggestions!

-Will

Yep, Emperor's soul is on Sel. It's not really related to Elantris, though. It just has a similar enough magic system that it's set on the other side of the same world. 

Oh, and feel free to PM me with any SH questions you might have. It's probably not the best idea to ask in thread because then you'd run the risk of spoiling it for other people. (Not a rebuke or anything, you've done a great job with avoiding spoilers! I was just letting you know in case you hadn't realized) :) 

Edited by Bugsy6912

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update: 

I have now read both The Emperor's Soul and both stormlight archive books! They are all amazing!

At first I was very confused by my status as a "Spearman" (as I had only read the Mistborn and Elatris). However, after reading the Stormlight Archive (or at least what has been released of it), I was elated that I have been "promoted" to Bridgeman!!!! I feel so honored... but also terrified... I just hope I get put in Bridge 4! :)

It took me about a week and a half per book. (I finished The Emperor's Soul in about 2 days, since it is about a tenth of the other two). I don't know that I have a lot of reading time. It's more like, I couldn't put the books down to go to sleep, so I gave up a lot of sleep time in order to finish them. I was just so intrigued!!! Those books are awesome, except... you know... that there are 8 more that are unwritten (well 7.27 unwritten, as Sanderson's website says that he has finished 73% of the third book). I can't wait until the next books come out!!!