TLR's Hemalurgy

Oversleep

Question

Brandon repeatedly stated that TLR used Hemalurgy on himself; that TLR "used Hemalurgy to pull off his most dramatic effects" and that it was the reason he heard Ruin. The thing is, even after BoM and its revelations about the remaining metals, there is no reason for TLR to have spikes. Absolutely zero.

There was a WoB that his bracers acted as his spikes, but to act as spikes they had to actually hold a Hemalurgic charge. Are there any WoBs out there which hold more information? Or maybe it was decanonised?

2 answers to this question

Well a major part of his bracers were atium, which is why he was able to be ageless by compounding...

That means if they were hemalurgic spikes they could have spiked any attribute.

BoM spoiler:

Spoiler

Are we sure that TLR knew about all the metals that we learn about in second era mistborn novels? Because while the myths about the bands of mourning imply he did, he might not have in actuality. If he didn't... If he didn't, than his dramatically powerful allomancy might be a result of hemalurgic enhancement, not nicrosil compounding.

I had a Theory about but I can't prove it.

I think Atium itself who pierce flesh work as a Spike (also if he has not Hemalurgic Charge and can't gift nothing) in the same way Lerasium may burn by everybody.

Rashek have to accept Ruin's Voice, because to him his Atiumind were really important and pierce his skin was a important defence for his Life.

We know from books that a Spikes may "active" the Hemalurgy's weakness also if It doesn't pierce a Bind point and if the Atium is a Pseudo-Spike from his own, everywhere Rashek puts his Atiumind, He was subject to Ruin's voice and influence.

I don't think Rashek actively used Hemalurgy on himself but to protect his life He has to fall under Ruin's influence.

PS: Have We some reference of the Mist avoids Rashek ?