Long Game 23: The Siege of Luthadel

Renegade

By the way, everyone keep in mind that if there's a soother out there (or Mistborn that choose Brass on N0), they can change someone's vote. So, this "tie" is a farce - the soothers are trying to manipulate it so they can choose the person who dies. My guess is that Aman is a soother, since this has been his plan from the start.

EDIT: Actually, I'm kinda sick of this tying thing. It makes me feel disenfranchised. Everyone who agrees, vote for [ Aman ] with me.

(and, for now, [ Kipper ])

Edited by Nyali

1 minute ago, Nyali said:

By the way, everyone keep in mind that if there's a soother out there (or Mistborn that choose Brass on N0), they can change someone's vote. So, this "tie" is a farce - the soothers are trying to manipulate it so they can choose the person who dies. My guess is that Aman is a soother, since this has been his plan from the start.

You're on the right track, in that my plan does involve a Soother. Just not one that's a part of my House.

1 hour ago, Nyali said:

EDIT: Actually, I'm kinda sick of this tying thing. It makes me feel disenfranchised. Everyone who agrees, vote for [ Aman ] with me.

(and, for now, [ Kipper ])

Don't want a tie, eh? Scared of Soothers, eh? Okay. Mailliw. PK.

(7) Paranoid King: Sart, Conquestor, Master Elodin, Mckeedee123, The Only Joe, dowanx,  Amanuensis,

(5) Mailliw73: Cloudjumper, OrlokTsubodai, The Young Bard,  Bugsy6912, phattemer,

(5) Kipper: Jaimeleecee, Arraenae,  Mailliw73, Alvron,  Paranoid King,

(3) The Only Joe: Kipper,  Strawman, Araris Valerian,

(1) Ada?: STINK

(1) STINK: The Mighty Lopen,

(1) dowanx: zas678,

(1) OrlokTsubodai: Elbereth,

(1) Strawman: Burnt Spaghetti,

(1) Amanuensis: Nyali,

Edited by Amanuensis
Tally, so people can keep track. Oh and, dang ninjas. Also green'd the wrong name earlier

7 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Don't want a tie, eh? Scared of soothers, eh? Okay. Kipper. PK.

:(

(EDIT: Stink's vote is invalid - there is no player or character named "Ada")

Edited by Nyali

1 hour ago, Nyali said:

:(

Why are you frowning? I thought I was giving you what you want. Gosh, I swear, I'll never understand women... PK. Kipper.

EDIT: First down vote ever. Teach me to attempt banter :wacko:

Edited by Amanuensis

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Gosh, I swear, I'll never understand women...

Honestly, I'd prefer if you didn't make harmful generalizations about around half the world's population, even as a joke.

Also, my doc asked about the Ada vote and Ren said that while it irked him, it was clear who the vote was meant for. 

Edited by phattemer
addition

1 minute ago, phattemer said:

Honestly, I'd prefer if you didn't make harmful generalizations about around half the world's population, even as a joke.

Ah, hm. Might've been reading too much WoT, lately. Rand/Perrin/Mat make comments like that all the time. Though in this case I said I never understand them. Not that they are un-understandable. So I don't see how that's a harmful generalization about half the world's population. I see it as a statement of fact that I personally can't read them.

Edited by Amanuensis

2 minutes ago, phattemer said:

Even so, it's a certainty that there is at least one woman who thinks exactly like you and whom you can understand perfectly.

Is it a certainty? Cause I'm 23 years old and have yet to meet one :P either way, generalization as it may be, I don't get where the "harmful" bit comes from.

Edited by Amanuensis
Typed harsh instead of harmful

2 minutes ago, phattemer said:

Well, there are ~3.6 billion women in the world.

Do you mean harsh as in my tone or my use of the word harmful?

I actually corrected that in my last post. I had meant to say "harmful" bit, but accidentally typed harsh first.

Back to the game at hand!

(6) Paranoid King: Sart, Conquestor, Master Elodin, Mckeedee123, The Only Joe, dowanx,  

(6) Kipper: Jaimeleecee, Arraenae,  Mailliw73, Alvron,  Paranoid King, Amanuensis,

(5) Mailliw73: Cloudjumper, OrlokTsubodai, The Young Bard, Bugsy6912, phattemer,

(2) Amanuensis: Nyali, STINK,

@Alvron, want to change our votes to Joe to make it a 4 way tie of 5 votes? EDIT: Ah, nevermind, we're both voting for Kipper. Hmm... I guess this will have to do for now.

Edited by Amanuensis

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Back to the game at hand!

(6) Paranoid King: Sart, Conquestor, Master Elodin, Mckeedee123, The Only Joe, dowanx,  

(6) Kipper: Jaimeleecee, Arraenae,  Mailliw73, Alvron,  Paranoid King, Amanuensis,

(5) Mailliw73: Cloudjumper, OrlokTsubodai, The Young Bard, Bugsy6912, phattemer,

(2) Amanuensis: Nyali, STINK,

@Alvron, want to change our votes to Joe to make it a 4 way tie of 5 votes? EDIT: Ah, nevermind, we're both voting for Kipper. Hmm... I guess this will have to do for now.

Would you like me to switch to Joe? I'm not actually very suspicious of PK..

8 minutes ago, Master Elodin said:

Would you like me to switch to Joe? I'm not actually very suspicious of PK..

Elodin! Haha, you don't need to ask me what to do, brother. If you're not suspicious of PK then take your vote off of him. If you don't care, then leave it. Just do what you want and what you / your House thinks in best.

Edited by Amanuensis

I don't really love this engineering a tie. It was good to gauge people's reactions, but at this point the data is becoming meaningless from all these switches back and forth. I'm going to place my vote on Straw to limit the chances of a 3 way tie, and would like if other people help make a clear leader so hopefully no opportunistic soother decides to save a factionmate by engineering a no-lynch. I'll hop on whatever bandwagon forms, honestly, so long as we don't squander a turn.

45 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

I don't really love this engineering a tie. It was good to gauge people's reactions, but at this point the data is becoming meaningless from all these switches back and forth. I'm going to place my vote on Straw to limit the chances of a 3 way tie, and would like if other people help make a clear leader so hopefully no opportunistic soother decides to save a factionmate by engineering a no-lynch. I'll hop on whatever bandwagon forms, honestly, so long as we don't squander a turn.

I'm not very concerned about reactions, though I did get some really good information from it already. Given we still have 2 hours in this turn, there's nothing to say we cannot gain more. Plus I've kinda said this before, but what really matters is where people's votes are at the end of the day. Anything before that is much more likely to be distancing or faux-distancing, which is senseless to analyze. I'm not going to spell it out exactly, but Nyali's completely right when she says there's going to be a lynch, no matter what. No Soother is going to engineer a no-lynch. They're going to make sure one of the three candidates die, because another House losing a member is going to help them get closer to winning. That being said, Elodin, if you really don't want to vote for PK you can vote for anyone else so I can vote for Mailliw and get a 3-way going again. 

Edited by Amanuensis
Fixed due to wrong math

Aman, PK, and Nyali. What happened to stopping Chaos, huh? This whole lynch and the vote switching has been a bunch of Chaos. I'm not sure you can even try to lynch me for that idea when you guys go and do it yourselves. :P