A theory how the Elantrians are in Scadrial

Steelborn

I dunno... they had vials of what seemed to me to be full of Dor. I don't know how they would get those from the physical realm if they didn't prepare before leaving it, leaving intentionally, to go off to form the Ire. Also, Elantris takes place many hundreds of years before Mistborn: The Final Empire, so they've had quite a lot of time. While they probably do transport themselves to Shadesmar via the Elantris Shardpool, which is almost certainly Devotion's Perpendicularity, I don't think it was the Elantrans that were put into the Shardpool during the events of the book, or before that. Even though they were described as ancient, I just feel like the left long after Raodan fixed Elantris, and they left knowing what they'd find and how to get there. Also, wouldn't they just get torn apart by the Dor Storm if they hadn't done extensive research first anyway?

(Btw, speaking of the Ire, I love that the symbol for that "Part" of the book was the Aon for Ire (time, age), but done in the style of Scadrial metallurgic runes. When I looked at the symbol, I was like "Huh, this looks familiar..." and then they mentioned the silvery skin, and I was like "!!!" and looked up the Aons, shortly before it was obvious that "Ire" was the Aon Ire xD)

Sorry to be the burster of hypothoses, but this WoB was gathered at a recent signing:

A non recorded question that I asked involved what happens to Hoed who go through the Shardpool. Brandon basically confirmed that the Dor would rip them apart because it takes them into the Cognitive realm.

• Chaos locked this topic