What are in-world terms for Investing?

Oversleep

So, what are the terms used by those not cosmere aware for Investiture and Investing?

Investiture:
Roshar: Stormlight

Scadrial: - /Feruchemical charge/ Hemalurgical charge

Nalthis: BioChromatic Breath
Sel: Dor

Investing:
Roshar: Infusing (a gem, Surgebinder infuses himself)
Scadrial:

• Allomancy: ???
  • Feruchemy: filling metalmind
  • Hemalurgy: ???

Nalthis: ???

Sel: ???

Any help? (also, quotes would be very useful as I am also trying to determine how these terms were translated)

Vasher mentioned Investiture or Investing when he taught Vivenna (and in SA of course), but he's a bit of a special case since he was cosmere aware.

You Invest an object when you Awaken it, so I guess that's one subset of Investing there.

So, what are the terms used by those not cosmere aware for Investiture and Investing?

Investiture:

Roshar: Stormlight

Scadrial: - /Feruchemical charge/ Hemalurgical charge

Nalthis: BioChromatic Breath

Sel: Dor

Investing:

Roshar: Infusing (a gem, Surgebinder infuses himself)

Scadrial:

• Allomancy: Burning
  • Feruchemy: filling metalmind
  • Hemalurgy: ???
Nalthis: Awakening

Sel: ???

Any help? (also, quotes would be very useful as I am also trying to determine how these terms were translated)

I added a couple in bold if it worked on mobile. I feel like Channeling the Dor was used too, but I'm not sure on that.

jW

I added a couple in bold if it worked on mobile. I feel like Channeling the Dor was used too, but I'm not sure on that.

jW

I am not sure about burning. You see, burning the metal Allomantically makes the Allomancer Invested, right?

Well, another way to put it: What is the in-world term for an "Invested object"? Roshar: infused object; Nalthis: Awakened object: Scadrial: -/filled metalmind/- and so on.

I am not sure about burning. You see, burning the metal Allomantically makes the Allomancer Invested, right?

Well, another way to put it: What is the in-world term for an "Invested object"? Roshar: infused object; Nalthis: Awakened object: Scadrial: -/filled metalmind/- and so on.

I don't see the Allomancer themselves being invested. In my mind, the power just moves through them as they burn the metal instead. Of course, that still probably means you're right about it not really fitting this list.

jW

• Chaos locked this topic