Critical role

Not quite. I wait till the youtube vids go up on the geek and sundry website because twitch replays load remarkably slowly here. Generally it seems to take about 3 times as long to load something as it does to play and that's just too frustrating to deal with. So I'm 1 behind at the moment, I tend to get a bunch of spoilers through twitter each week but it doesn't really matter.

Yup, all caught! They're a lot of fun!

@Claincy: I find that twitch streams tend to be epicly slow, but the recorded videos on twitch that you get access to if you subscribe work just fine. I've subscribed once or twice (for instance, when twitter alerted me to a player death recently, I didn't want to wait till Monday for it to appear on the Geek and Sundry site...)

Yup, all caught! They're a lot of fun!

@Claincy: I find that twitch streams tend to be epicly slow, but the recorded videos on twitch that you get access to if you subscribe work just fine. I've subscribed once or twice (for instance, when twitter alerted me to a player death recently, I didn't want to wait till Monday for it to appear on the Geek and Sundry site...)

Huh. When I've tried in the past I've found the opposite. It might have changed since then though. I might try again soon.

Huh. When I've tried in the past I've found the opposite. It might have changed since then though. I might try again soon.

Interesting... 

Anyways, the last episode or two have been good - Vax seems to sorta have cheered up. Mostly at least. The last while he's had a really serious/sad face the whole time. And Pike! Been cool to see Pike and Grog interact.

Interesting... 

Anyways, the last episode or two have been good - Vax seems to sorta have cheered up. Mostly at least. The last while he's had a really serious/sad face the whole time. And Pike! Been cool to see Pike and Grog interact.

Yeah, looking forward to seeing the Pike/Grog interaction in the most recent episode :)

I was just thinking about starting a thread about this!  I'm mildly completely obsessed with Critical Role.  I was only able to watch up until the break for this past Thursday's episode and I can't wait until the VOD gets posted.

So who is everyone's favorite player character, guest player character, and npc?

Mine are Percy (especially after the whole Whitestone arc), Zahra, and Allura.

I've never heard of this before. Would someone mind enlightening me?

Critical Role is a weekly D&D stream by a group of voice actors on Geek & Sundry's twitch channel. The episodes are uploaded to youtube the next week (though you need to go through Geek and Sundry's site to access the most recent ones). It's really really good, the characters are all very interesting and they play them well. Matthew Mercer (the DM) is kind of amazingly good :)

I was just thinking about starting a thread about this!  I'm mildly completely obsessed with Critical Role.  I was only able to watch up until the break for this past Thursday's episode and I can't wait until the VOD gets posted.

So who is everyone's favorite player character, guest player character, and npc?

Hmm, difficult choice.

Favourite PCs: Vax and Keyleth

Guests: I really liked Zhara and Kash the second time they showed up (I liked them the first too but moreso after the second). Gern was kind of awesome too.

NPCS: Not sure honestly. Victor was kind of amazing of course though he's probably best in small doses :P

• 2 weeks later...

Favourite characters.... Um.

Favourite party member? They're all awesome, but a favourite... I'm thinking I'm with Claincy here: Vax, then Keyleth, then Tiberius. 

Favourite Guest: Either Wil Wheaton's character or Gern. Not so fond of any of the others. 

Favourite NPC: Storms, Claincy? Everyone'll think I'm copying you. Victor is probably the funniest. But it's hard, as all his NPCs are amazing, even if we only meet them the one time...

I was just thinking about starting a thread about this!  I'm mildly completely obsessed with Critical Role.  I was only able to watch up until the break for this past Thursday's episode and I can't wait until the VOD gets posted.

Favorite PC is Scanlan, then Grog. 

Guest would probably have to be, storms, whats her name? The teifling that helped the first time they fought The Briarwoods.

EDIT: Lillith.

As for NPC it would have to be Lady Kima then Gilmore.

Edited by SmurfAquamarineBodies

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 52... Just... Wow...

You can say that again, seriously the most stressful, but awesome, time I've had watching since at least the episode after the Conclave showed up.  (Though that was stressful for an entirely different reason.)  To be honest I'm still recovering...

You can say that again, seriously the most stressful, but awesome, time I've had watching since at least the episode after the Conclave showed up.  (Though that was stressful for an entirely different reason.)  To be honest I'm still recovering...

Episode 52... Just... Wow...

Yeah, so intense. It certainly got some fist pumping from me.

Heck of an episode :)

After episode 51 was the first time since way back in the fight with K'varn where I thought they were in serious, serious danger of losing PCs. (Not that that danger doesn't always exist, but often it's more a combination of bad luck and a mistake or two.) Course by the time I watched this I knew full well if anyone died or not, but oh well, still really intense.

So many nat 20s in that fight 0_o

Ep 53 should be pretty interesting too.

Heck of an episode :)

After episode 51 was the first time since way back in the fight with K'varn where I thought they were in serious, serious danger of losing PCs. (Not that that danger doesn't always exist, but often it's more a combination of bad luck and a mistake or two.) Course by the time I watched this I knew full well if anyone died or not, but oh well, still really intense.

So many nat 20s in that fight 0_o

Ep 53 should be pretty interesting too.

And the climax. That could have ended poorly, but so awesome.

Yeah, Ep53 should certainly be interesting.

And the climax. That could have ended poorly, but so awesome.

Yeah, Ep53 should certainly be interesting.

Yeah, extremely risky maneuver but it paid off in spades.

Matt said in a periscope video afterwards that if any of the others had killed Kevdak the herd wouldn't have stopped fighting as it would have been viewed more as an assassination than a successful challenge of sorts.

Also, anyone who went down in that fight would very likely have been cut to pieces. The herd members wouldn't have moved on when someone went down, they would have destroyed them.

It's pretty much inevitable that it will happen sooner or later, and it's going to be interesting when it does. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, cos I like all the characters, but the reaction in the fan community should be pretty spectacular :P

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Gotta love the fan art community. So much good art  :)

Spoilers ep 49

This was such a great moment. I mean it's awful of course, poor pike :unsure: , but it was brilliant narratively :P

Such a great example of "Yes, but..." in practice.

@brinmataujall-A.jpg

source

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

• 1 month later...

Did anyone else catch last night's episode?  I quite enjoyed it, though that ending is a killer.

Episode 57

Spoiler

I really loved the conversations with the Raven Queen.  She has long been my favorite D&D god so I'm glad that Vax is starting to be less "woe is me" about the relationship.  Her conversation with him (and to a certain extent Percy later on) just goes to show that while she may not be Good, she is ultimately benevolent.

That ending though.  I was really excited when "Gilmore" came to visit Vax and take him to the roof 'cause if I'm quite honest I did prefer their relationship over the Vax/Keyleth relationship (though I don't dislike it by any means).  When "Gilmore" started talking about how Vax had hurt him I was initially "Oh poor Gilmore" but quickly got to the point where I was "What is going on, this feels really out of character for Gilmore".  So I was really happy when it turned out to be the Rakshasa.  Of course now I'm slowly dying waiting for next thursday when we find out what happens next.  (BTW I definitely believe that Gilmore is not dead.  I don't think Matt would kill off such a major NPC of-screen, right?)

I LOVE CRITICAL ROLE.

I'm a few episodes behind, but I'm working on catching up. I normally watch it live. All the characters are so good, and I love the actors just as much tbh. Laura and Travis are adorable and beautiful beyond reason, and Sam is so rusting hilarious it's unreal.