Flags of the Cosmere

Let me set a scenario: in the future of the Cosmere, a UN-esque council is created for each Cosmere planet/nation.  What kind of flags would each planet/nation have?

You can either list out the details of the flag or if you are feeling brave, draw it out and post it.

I think that Scadrial would have a red Harmony symbol against a blue background. 

Why those colors?  Preservation is linked with white, and Ruin with black.  

And Roshar's flag is the glyph for Honor's name with a ketek circling it, both in blue on a green field.  

Edited by Landis963

Huh. Fun thought excercise.

With Sel, I suppose it depends whether it'd be Fjorden or Elantris who'd have a representative. If the latter, I bet on silver/dark gray Aon Rao on white background. If Fjorden, then... their symbol on rust-red background, I guess? I don't remember if we've been given the description of Fjorden's coat of arms or what have they. 

Alternatively, the flag could be divided in two or three vertical stripes, with one being Elantrian symbol, the other Fjorden, and the third, if there would be a third, of Rose Empire.

And Roshar's flag is the glyph for Honor's name with a ketek circling it, both in blue on a green field.

I dunno, seems a bit Alethi-centric to me... I'm not sure how often glyphs are used outside of Vorin cultures, and I think many religions in the west are more aligned with Cultivation.

I think Roshar's flag should be 3 vertical bars- Blue, Green and Red- in that order. The Blue should have some Gylphs, the Green should have a tree and plants, and the Red should a crab and lightning.

(Or the flag could be a Chull)

Nalthis should be colorful with a patch of white in the middle representing Idris and a black slash crossing the patch representing Nightblood.

For Roshar, the ten Honorblades in a circle. While not all Rosharan cultures share a religion, all see the Heralds with great reverence.

Or, just to make it simpler for flag makers, why not have the honorblades sigil thing from the book in blue (for Honor) on a green field (for Cultivation)?  

Or, just to make it simpler for flag makers, why not have the honorblades sigil thing from the book in blue (for Honor) on a green field (for Cultivation)?

The Honorblades are supposed to be heavily stilysed. And I believe it would be better if they were each the color of its associated Essence, on a white background.

Hmm... how to do this?

Scadrial would likely be white with a stylized spear in black. You know, with the whole Survivor thing and killing TLR with a spear.

Nalthis has a mix of bright colors that are drawn specially by people who are of the Third Heightening or higher.

Sel would likely have the base symbols for all the major magic systems. You have an Aon, etc.

Roshar...perhaps have the ten Honorblades in a circle, pointing inwards? We don't have enough information about the planet, the Dawnshards, and such to be able to get a better idea.

Threnody's is probably something like solid black.

Taldain's is probably half dark colors of Darkside, half the white that permeates Dayside. Maybe doing some cool stuff with Skycolors, whatever they are. And the mother-of-pearl that is presented when Sand Mastery occurs.

Hoid's is a map of the Cosmere, as the council has probably convened to figure out how to catch him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic