Jasnah Deleted Scene (WoR Spoilers)

Zinnny

I just read the deleted scene that BS wrote to help himself explain what happened to Jasnah.  I don't have the link but basically she went to Shadesmar and got stuck.  When Shallan went to Shadesmar to SoulCast the boat and sink it, shouldn't she have seen Jasnah, or shouldn't Jasnah have been able to to see her?

Alright, makes sense that Jasnah left before Shallan entered Shademar.  I saw that it was mentioned that Jasnah saw her flame, however I just wasn't sure if that was a break in canon, or if there was enough of a gap in time between the two events.

Thanks for the reply.

I just read the deleted scene that BS wrote to help himself explain what happened to Jasnah.  I don't have the link but basically she went to Shadesmar and got stuck.  When Shallan went to Shadesmar to SoulCast the boat and sink it, shouldn't she have seen Jasnah, or shouldn't Jasnah have been able to to see her?

We do not know what happens to Jasnah when Shallan changes the boat which is when Shallan entered shadesmar. Basically the order I believe we have so far is Shallan sees Jasnah stabbed. Shallan hides in room. Jasnah elsecalls to shadesmar completely. Jasnah notices one light going out that a man has died, the same time that pattern tells Shallan one dead, bleeding red (also states men are tied up). Shallan stays still for a bit out of fear, then works her way over to Jasnah's cabin. Meanwhile Jasnah talks to Ivory about the men dying, and trying to get back while Grinders are coming. Realizing she cannot get back, she grabs the ropes, changing them. Jasnah's excerpt ends. Shallan's side she finds the hidden stormlight cache, talks to pattern, her helps her get to shadesmar and she talks to the boat. It is then more people die while talking to the boat, and she transforms it. So we do not know where Jasnah went after she transformed the ropes. She could have fled right after that, which would have been just before Shallan entered Shadesmar. 

lol was so busy researching this and typing it, that Argent already replied. 

Edited by Pathfinder

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic