[Graphic Audio] The Way of Kings

Argent

Graphic Audio seems... if not unpopular, then at least not very popular in these forums, but I've loved their adaptations for years, and now they've officially announced that they will be doing The Way of Kings (something that was only hinted at in the past, I think). The fun - and not very surprising - part is that while most of their novel audiobook adaptations have to be split into two or three parts, The Way of Kings is being split into five!

One of the great things about the GA products are the covers, which have only gotten better since they first picked up Brandon's books. So I want to keep this thread (or maybe create a master thread somewhere) up to date with links to all the different parts and (if I can find them) higher resolution versions of the covers. 

So here is the list of links. There is no artwork currently available, but it should start showing up soon.

• The Way of Kings (1 of 5): Available on March 21, 2016.
    I suspect the cover for this one might be this, since the same artist did the GA covers for all 3 parts The Hero of Ages and The Alloy of Law.
  • The Way of Kings (2 of 5): Available on May 1, 2016
  • The Way of Kings (3 of 5): ???
  • The Way of Kings (4 of 5): ???
  • The Way of Kings (5 of 5): ???
Edited by Argent

They do hire different voice actors for (pretty much) every character, add special effects, do dramatic reading. Go to their website, find one of Brandon's books (or any book, really), and listen to an audio sample, it'll give you a good idea. My personal favorite is the one from Elantris.

They do hire different voice actors for (pretty much) every character, add special effects, do dramatic reading. Go to their website, find one of Brandon's books (or any book, really), and listen to an audio sample, it'll give you a good idea. My personal favorite is the one from Elantris.

My personal favorite Graphic Audio is Warbreaker.  It was absolutely amazing!

Also, Argent.... I was feeling the same way about the strange absence of Graphic Audio conversation on these forums (not that I've been a sharder for that long)... but I just about lost it when I heard that The Way of Kings was "coming soon!" from GA.

I am both fearful and excited all at the same time!

My one small gripe is that the GA cover art is a bit of a spoiler for people new to WoK... :-(  hopefully folks who haven't read the books don't notice that wonderful glowing he's doing.

• Chaos locked this topic