Theory on the Excisors (bands spoilers)

DeadFencer

It's never clearly said what the Excisors that allowed the southerners to gain metallic abilities are. Many think they're spikes, but that seems too obvious. I have another theory: Mistwraiths are the Excisors.

We don't know what happened to the Mistwraiths. Sazed isn't described as having changed them in any way. There was probably a decent amount of Mistwraiths alive at the time of the Catacendre, since the species was able to breed and survive for TLR to keep making new kandra. Sazed probably wouldn't just leave these descendants of the early feruchemists as non-sapient blobs. I'm assuming he turned them back into humans. However, I don't think they were integrated into Northern Scadrial. These Mistwraiths would be the descendants of Terris feruchemists who existed before any attempts to breed out the power. Had these people been put in Northern Scadrial, their mDNA would have cussed almost everyone to be a feruchemist by 300 years later. I propose Sazed did restore the mistwraiths to human form, and then got them to the southern people somehow. That would mean he didn't just adandon the south as well.

I think the Excistors was Medalions (maybe not in Medallions shapes but with those effects) with Feruchemical Nicrosil and Alluminium.

With those every metalborn between the Southerns may creates a Medallion with his own power inside.

They has a few Metalborn but also with a single Ferring or Misting for every Metal. They may creates every medallions they want and filling them at full Feruchemical Charge through Compounding.

They has a few Metalborn but also with a single Ferring or Misting for every Metal. They may creates every medallions they want and filling them at full Feruchemical Charge through Compounding.

But where would these initial ferrings come from? Ferrings are of Terris descent, and the Terris stayed in north Scadrial during the Final Empire.

Sazed probably wouldn't just leave these descendants of the early feruchemists as non-sapient blobs. I'm assuming he turned them back into humans.

MeLaan does say that if they had more blessings (i.e. if Inquisitor spikes worked as blessings) they would create more kandra.

Which implies Sazed left them alone, since that requires mistwaiths.

• Chaos locked this topic