[Secret History Spoilers] Hilarious Moments

KnightGradient

While everyone else is recoiling from SH, can we just talk about how humorous it was? My favorite part by far was when Kelsiers' (second) gambit came into play. The look on Ruins' face when he saw what Marsh did made me double over, and cry a little bit, from just how funny it was.

Also, when making my friend read it, all I told her was, "Kelsier goes on an undead roadtrip to punch, con, and war against every manner of god he finds. Mostly punching."

I almost snorted my drink when I read your summary, KnightGradient.  :lol:  Have an upvote, it's great.

Same as above, the moment where Kel recruits "Fuzz" to the crew is just brilliant. Not to mention Leras' deadpan attitude to what's hapenning, especially when Kelsier states he's making him the crewleader. And Rashek's "so long, suckers" at the Well... And can we just think for a moment about Kelsier calling tens-of-thousands-of-years-old god "Fuzz" throughout the entire story? And how he travels with an entire campfire on a stick? SH is just filled with Kelsier awesome.

*now imagines a series of novellas with Leras and Kelsier Cog-Realm-travelling, god-punching, bickering and stealing like a thieving crew would* 

Kelsier recruiting Fuzz definitely up there. 

Also, I will never forget Spanky, Hoid's trusty steed, and their friendly chats. 

I also quite enjoyed Kelsier messing around with the IRE folks, you could see how much he missed a good con. 

Alas, I'm with a couple of posters here on not appreciating Ati good bye smacking much - mostly because Ati seemed so clueless to the things that he Ruined. 

Alas, I'm with a couple of posters here on not appreciating Ati good bye smacking much - mostly because Ati seemed so clueless to the things that he Ruined. 

I think it's because Ati did a great job as Ruin - he came really close to fulfilling the goal of his Shard. He might have been expecting a bit of praise/recognition in the next realm. Or he had a flat realisation of "well, I was a god for a while. Nothing left for me now."

I think I appreciated Kelsier punching (or trying to punch) him when he held Ruin much more. I knew that he couldn't go an entire book only punching ONE god.

Same as above, the moment where Kel recruits "Fuzz" to the crew is just brilliant. Not to mention Leras' deadpan attitude to what's hapenning, especially when Kelsier states he's making him the crewleader. 

I read it more as Leras feeling a bit more important/confident after he was named crewleader. He'd lost so much power and Kelsier saw that he needed a bit of a pep talk to keep fighting. I found it kind of touching.

I really enjoyed the con of the Elantrians as well. Quick adaptation to the situation, then playing with everyone's minds. The image of Kelsier's grinning face floating out of the ground is pretty damnation fun to me!

Both times a god gets decked in the face . . . so satisfying.

Of course everything Kel ever does is so insane that it's hard not to be entertained.

I do not know... I have a lot of pity and compassion of Leras, he is the embodiment of the term "Walking Dead", so, while I find the punching of Leras in the face to be funny, I am not certain I completely approve of it.  It does serve as the most pure demonstration of Kelsier's Spirit and personality, and as such, it is a beautiful moment.  But poor Leras... (I take less pity on him now, that I know that he participated in killing the previous God, but I think of all the Shards, Leras has paid the heaviest penance so far for doing this).

Ati, on the other hand... That was one masterful brick joke. 

Kel needs to punch more gods.

I suggested asking Brandon how many more gods Kel gets to punch before everything is said and done.

In fact, I believe punching Bavadin will get him on Hoid's good side, so, there is hope there.

• Chaos locked this topic