What about Forch?

hafje

Wasn't he strapping a Terris kid (possible ferring) down to an altar, ready to stab him with a metal implement?

Sounds suspiciously like Hemalurgy to me.

He had already been cutting the boy with knives to torture him, if I recall, but that doesn't mean that the process couldn't have ended with a Spiking. I don't believe that was Forch's intent, but it is a possibility.

That's exactly my thinking. He was obviously a serial killer in the making, which is the kind of "open" mind that Shards like Ruin can speak to without a Hemalurgical spike, like Vin's mother.

My theory is that Forch was extremely mentally unstable, enough to be influenced by "Trell" into doing what he was doing, but he was also taking his time and "enjoying" it, because a big part of his mental instability was extreme sadism. The influence then, would be to end with a Hemalurgical spiking, to make him even more "open" to external influence.

He had nails with him.  He didn't know Wax would drop in, so what are the nails for?  I consider it highly likely that Forch was a pawn of either Harmony (driving Wax away from the Terris compound where he was being stifled) or Trell (hoping to get a future embuggerance out of the way early).  

He had nails with him.  He didn't know Wax would drop in, so what are the nails for?  I consider it highly likely that Forch was a pawn of either Harmony (driving Wax away from the Terris compound where he was being stifled) or Trell (hoping to get a future embuggerance out of the way early).  

He was a Coinshot, and up to something seriously messed up. It makes sense he'd be prepared in case of discovery.

• Chaos locked this topic