Hello 17th Shard

Lecrakn

One of my brothers recommended Sandersons work to me about a year and half ago and I fell completely in love with it. I love pretty much everyone one of his writings and I have a hard time going and reading any different authors. Anyway I have been on 17th shrad quite frequently to solve arguments me and my family get into about the many different things going on his Brandons books, and i figured it was time that i actually signed up instead of just skulking through. I'm excited to be part of the community and have some awesome discussions with other Sanderson fans. 
TLDR: I'm a Sanderson fan and happy to be part of the 17th shard.
Right out of the gate I have a question I was wondering if any of you could speculate or answer for me. When Adonalsium was shatterd into 16 pieces was it predetermined who would get what shards or was it based on personalities?

Right out of the gate I have a question I was wondering if any of you could speculate or answer for me. When Adonalsium was shatterd into 16 pieces was it predetermined who would get what shards or was it based on personalities?

IF it is any out of the 2, it would be predetermined as Ati (holds Ruin) was described by Hoid as a benevolent man who was twisted by his shard.