Double zinc you say? Muhahahaha!

Alomantisist

Just consider. Brandon has yet to showcase zinc feruchemy. I am here to ask: what would a twinborn zinc compounder be able to accomplish? Would time literally slow around them because of their enhanced state of perception? Or would they simply have access to Sherlock level reasoning? I don't know if this topic has been covered yet so I apologize if this is a repeat but I really want to know what you guys think!

I imagine if you weren't already Sherlock Holmes you'd need a combination of Copper, Tin and Zinc to replicate what he can do siince you need to be able to spot things (Tin), draw on knowledge that makes the observations useful (Copper) and then put it all together (which is where the Zinc would help). Sherlock's talent comes from all three of those things working together, not just being good at induction.

We know Zinc on its own won't help your perception and if you don't know anything about, say, forensics, the Zinc on its own isn't going to help as much there either. Though if you can figure it out on your own you'd do it faster while tapping.

It doesn't make you smarter, but you think faster. If you're... not very bright... it won't make you a genius. Zinc probably has no effect on intelligence, but thinking faster is a big advantage.

there is a more recent WoB that says it will also help you make intuitive leaps. Now I am not saying that will necessarily make you smarter, but you may be able to come up with ideas you might not have without it. 

there is a more recent WoB that says it will also help you make intuitive leaps. Now I am not saying that will necessarily make you smarter, but you may be able to come up with ideas you might not have without it. 

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but to me "intuitive leaps" are included in faster thinking. Although I see that it can be argued it has to do with intelligence.

I probably could talk about what's the difference, but I don't feel like it. It's not terribly important (and I'm not in the mood).

Okay, let's assume two people, one average and one genius. Give them a problem to solve (chess situation or math problem or something with many possible solutions). Average person will work out a solution in his/her own time and genius will have another solution.

Now, throwing in zinc Compounding just cuts down the time needed for both of them to work out their solutions, but wouldn't significantly alter their reasoning. That's how I see mental speed.

Of course, I'm willing to agree on slight boost to intelligence, but it wouldn't be a primary effect.

• Chaos locked this topic