Equality for Darkeyes

I'm rather sure not double posting is general etiquette for every forum on the internet with an Edit button, really . . .

I demand equal rights for chasmfiends!

I have a dream, that one day my chasmfiend herd will be judged not on the size of their gemhearts, but on the size of their character.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Rosharan "flutes" are more like recorders. I seem to remember that when Hoid's playing his flute Kaladin comments on how he holds it.

You'd still only be able to use your freehand to play it.  Fabric would interfere with covering and uncovering the holes, and thus the integrity of the instrument's tone and pitch.

You'd still only be able to use your freehand to play it.  Fabric would interfere with covering and uncovering the holes, and thus the integrity of the instrument's tone and pitch.

I think we're all forgetting that one-handed flutes do exist:

http://flutelab.com/flutelab.com/flutes-for-one-handed-playing/

It doesn't seem like that huge of a stretch to imagine a one-handed recorder

I think we're all forgetting that one-handed flutes do exist:

http://flutelab.com/flutelab.com/flutes-for-one-handed-playing/

It doesn't seem like that huge of a stretch to imagine a one-handed recorder

Wow.  I have been playing the flute for 27 years, and I've never seen one of those little monsters before.  That thing looks nuts.  XD

Though that is a very complex instrument with detailed key action to allow the full range of notes from a one-handed instrument, and recorders are fairly simple (usually) open-holed instruments where you just cover a hole with your fingers.  You could make a one-handed recorder, but they don't have the necessary complexity to cover a full scale's worth of notes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic