KaIadin

I've been seeing a lot of spammers posting at the times when no moderators are on (usually 6PM to 9PM New South Wales time). Is there anything we could do to automatically ban these people without a mod? Maybe ban all accounts posting with phone numbers in the title? I feel as helpless as Kaladin :angry: . 

I should be on during AU hours, though my sleep cycle is somewhat weird so feel free to PM me but as far as I know anything like what you're suggesting just results in the spammers changing tactics slightly to slip through.

Also, reporting the user is more helpful than just reporting all their topics is.

Can't you just click the link to the post and then click on the user. Or am I being stupid?  :huh:

It's easier from the moderator perspective, because if you report 5 posts by one user, we get 5 reports we need to look into to make sure we took care of all of it. If people report the user directly, it rolls all of those reports into one single report we need to look into to ban. Basically it's easier to manage and less chance of overlooking a spammer.

It's easier from the moderator perspective, because if you report 5 posts by one user, we get 5 reports we need to look into to make sure we took care of all of it. If people report the user directly, it rolls all of those reports into one single report we need to look into to ban. Basically it's easier to manage and less chance of overlooking a spammer.

sddefault.jpg